Nilgiri, BOP

Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish
Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Lupicia

A blend of Nilgiri tea produced in southern India. Mild taste and fine aroma.

About Lupicia View company

A smooth cup with mild astringency to start my precious Sunday. Interestingly it has a slightly savoury aftertaste.

This tea came in the Lupicia grab bag a few months ago and I was in no hurry to open it as the expiration date is sometime in 2015. Still this morning I thought I would give it a go…

The tea I got in my pouch does not look like the one in the picture on Steepster, it’s full of fine tiny broken leaves (BOP = Broken Orange Pekoe). I steeped this for 2 minutes per the package directions even though I was skeptical this would be enough time.

I got a nice dark cup that is very brisk with a citrus note. This has slightly too much tannin in it for me to really like it a lot. I can’t really drink it plain but it’s better with soymilk and sugar. Nilgiris are supposed to make good iced teas so maybe I will try it that way when the weather is warmer. Also I remember the Tao of Tea made a Nilgiri mixed with lemon myrtle that was pretty good, so perhaps lemon would be nice with this. Anyway I am not too excited about this one, it’s just kind of mediocre and reminds me of what you would get in a Lipton teabag but hopefully does the job in waking me up.

2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML