Kilauea

Apricot, Fruit Tree Flowers, Lemon Zest, Melon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Lupicia

Flavored with scents of spicy citrus, tea reminds you of the Hawaiian volcano and ocean.

About Lupicia View company

Resteeped! As expected, it’s much more subtle. Still a lovely amber hue, but a bit fainter. The taste is like that as well. It’s lost a bit of its smokiness…more like banked embers still glowing and winking, not hissing and spitting and erupting in flame.

The delicate floral notes that were detectable pretty much only through the aroma are now completely gone. It’s definitely nice, though. I don’t mind.

In summary, if the first steep reminds you of tropical volcanos, the resteep is more like a photograph. On first steep, you’re completely there and savoring the moment, living the experience out and letting the lava flow. On resteep, you’re looking at photos of your last vacation and reminiscing about how great it was. :)

I, too, resteeped this tea. I also added a touch of agave and it was quite nice. It really toned down the intensity of the flavor but I still prefer it without the added agave. This tea is quite an experience. I’m so sad I only bought a sample sized container of it as I only have enough for one or two cups left.

OMG! OMG! What did I do wrong?! How could something so awful come out of such a pretty tin? Did I overleaf? Does it need sugar? Aaaaack! Diluting and adding sugar makes it more palatable, but I’m still weary of it. It has this sharp tang that I’m not liking. Slowly some fruity flavor is coming out, but I think I should revisit this in cold brew format.

Ellyn

ugh, I hate when such promise becomes so wrong!

This tea has a great citrus flavor that is not overwhelming. It also tastes great iced.

Flavors: Apricot, Fruit Tree Flowers, Lemon Zest, Melon