Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Flavouring, Ginger, Marigold, Papaya, Rose Blossom Leaves, Rose Hips, Safflower, Strawberry Leaves
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From Lupicia

Passion fruit flavored black tea with ginger, colorful fruits and petals.

A sweet-tart passion fruit flavored black tea is accented with spicy ginger.

About Lupicia View company

I am a fan of ginger and fruit, so the first try of this was pleasant.

TTB Tea #11:

Another tea I didn’t know what I was getting into when I grabbed it. Couldn’t find it on the website either. Luckily there’s a discription here. I’m not a black tea fan, but I love all the flavors listed so I think I’m good to go.

The bag smells sooo good! The fruit is sweet, there are floral notes, and the ginger bites my nose. Speaking of that ginger- there’s only 1 piece but it’s huge. When I think of “petals”, I think rose… but I just see a couple tiny blue petals.

1 bag (3.71g!)/6oz just below boiling water. The liquor is a medium reddish brown- much lighter than I expected from the leaf/water ratio. The aroma is a bit muted from the raw leaf, but all 3 components are still there.

The flavor is lighter than I expected, but smooth. The passion fruit gives it a sweetness and the ginger isn’t over bearing. Very good.

My first Lupicia tea; this came recommended by a friend. While I don’t usually like a lot of flavored teas, this was certainly a pleasant surprised. The interesting blend is very beautiful in aroma. Right from the bag, I can smell the strong mango and ginger. The brew is very fruity and perfumey. Overall, this is a decent tea in my books.

Ginger always makes me think winter. I know that’s slightly absurd, considering it doesn’t ever dip much below the 60s in Hawaii, but this tea does work quite well in Midwestern US winters. Just saying. It’s warm, dark, spicy, and thoroughly comforting.

Need to steep longer then 2 mins though. Just not strong enough to detect much. Even at 4 its still a bit weak. A bit of gingwr here a tad of floral there. According to the interwebs palekaiko means paradise.

I really needed to unwind tonight, so I steeped up a cup of this tea. It’s one of my all-time favorites… A Hawaiian-inspired blend from Lupicia, which my best friend bought for me while she was on vacation there (because she’s awesome like that!). Palekaiko is a flavored black tea, with ginger pieces and passionfruit and chunks of mango. It smells mouth-watering, a nectar-sweet aroma of passionfruit and mango with hints of spicy ginger. The taste is spicier, lots of tongue-tingling ginger (which I love!) mixed with the sweetness of the fruit. I never would have guessed, but passionfruit and mango go really nicely with ginger. The tastes blend together, enhancing each other.

As for the black tea base, it’s on the lighter side, and hard to detect through the other flavors. But I get a citrus-y brightness from it that seems to complements the fruit. No bitterness that I noticed, which is something I appreciate about many of Lupicia’s black teas. All told, this is an excellent flavored tea, where all the ingredients blend together beautifully. (And I’m almost out of it, even though I haven’t had it in my cupboard that long! I will definitely be restocking this one.)

I received this in a swap from hapatite. Thank you!

This was the second of three Hawaii addition teas that hapatite sent me. This was pretty tasty. My biggest complaint is the base. It is a tad on the astringent side for me. I think on the last of the 3 teas I will try a shorter steep time to see if this helps. This seemed like it would have been a great iced tea. It was very fragrant and fruity. It was a nice afternoon cup on this sunny day.

Woot, finally reviewing the exclusive Lupicia Hawaii tea blends! Palekaiko, wowwee, is for the ginger lovers out there. The ginger here is on the strong and spicy side, that eventually smooths out with mango and passionfruit end of sip.

Sweetented, this tea tastes like eating sugar crusted dried ginger, with the odd dried mango strip. The passion fruit flavor is pretty good too. I found this blend to be pretty yummy, but yeah, you’d want to be a ginger lover or you’ll find this blend a little too potent.

Full review of this tea, and pictures of the whole Lupicia Hawaii collection, at my blog, The Oolong Owl

Sounds good! I love intense ginger!

This tea is very good. It tastes more like a green or oolong tea because it is not heavily spiced or bitter. Often times with fruit teas they smell good but taste bland. You can definitely taste the passion fruit in this tea and it is naturally sweet on its own without the addition of sweetener. It would taste great as an iced tea as well.