Palekaiko

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janni

From Lupicia

Passion fruit flavored black tea with ginger, colorful fruits and petals.

About Lupicia View company

I am a fan of ginger and fruit, so the first try of this was pleasant.

TTB Tea #11:

Another tea I didn’t know what I was getting into when I grabbed it. Couldn’t find it on the website either. Luckily there’s a discription here. I’m not a black tea fan, but I love all the flavors listed so I think I’m good to go.

The bag smells sooo good! The fruit is sweet, there are floral notes, and the ginger bites my nose. Speaking of that ginger- there’s only 1 piece but it’s huge. When I think of “petals”, I think rose… but I just see a couple tiny blue petals.

1 bag (3.71g!)/6oz just below boiling water. The liquor is a medium reddish brown- much lighter than I expected from the leaf/water ratio. The aroma is a bit muted from the raw leaf, but all 3 components are still there.

The flavor is lighter than I expected, but smooth. The passion fruit gives it a sweetness and the ginger isn’t over bearing. Very good.

My first Lupicia tea; this came recommended by a friend. While I don’t usually like a lot of flavored teas, this was certainly a pleasant surprised. The interesting blend is very beautiful in aroma. Right from the bag, I can smell the strong mango and ginger. The brew is very fruity and perfumey. Overall, this is a decent tea in my books.

Ginger always makes me think winter. I know that’s slightly absurd, considering it doesn’t ever dip much below the 60s in Hawaii, but this tea does work quite well in Midwestern US winters. Just saying. It’s warm, dark, spicy, and thoroughly comforting.

Woot, finally reviewing the exclusive Lupicia Hawaii tea blends! Palekaiko, wowwee, is for the ginger lovers out there. The ginger here is on the strong and spicy side, that eventually smooths out with mango and passionfruit end of sip.

Sweetented, this tea tastes like eating sugar crusted dried ginger, with the odd dried mango strip. The passion fruit flavor is pretty good too. I found this blend to be pretty yummy, but yeah, you’d want to be a ginger lover or you’ll find this blend a little too potent.

Full review of this tea, and pictures of the whole Lupicia Hawaii collection, at my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/exclusive-lupicia-hawaii-original-tea-blends-collection-lupicia-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Stephanie

Sounds good! I love intense ginger!

This tea is very good. It tastes more like a green or oolong tea because it is not heavily spiced or bitter. Often times with fruit teas they smell good but taste bland. You can definitely taste the passion fruit in this tea and it is naturally sweet on its own without the addition of sweetener. It would taste great as an iced tea as well.