Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs
155 °F / 68 °C 8 min or more

• “I am so so so so glad that Mahamosa was able to find me two more pouches of this tea (and I said if any more come out of the woodwork, let me know, I'll buy them ALL) so now I don't feel like I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Cold-brewed the rest of my sample and confirmed that this tea definitely needs to be part of my iced tea collection for the summer if at all possible. The cherry tartness is so well-balanced by the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Another one from momo! thanks so much! This is exactly as I expected as I was reading about the blend... but better! This combination of fruits is fantastic! And NO hibiscus! I love the...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1295 tasting notes

From Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs

Apple pieces, freeze-dried kiwi and sour cherry pieces, sour cherries, freeze-dried cranberry slices, coconut flakes, flavoring.

1-2 tsp at 203-212F for 7-12 minutes

About Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs View company

I am so so so so glad that Mahamosa was able to find me two more pouches of this tea (and I said if any more come out of the woodwork, let me know, I’ll buy them ALL) so now I don’t feel like I have to hoard as I essentially have two ounces of it once again.

This has to be my favorite fruit tea in the world and that is why it’s so depressing that it seems to have vanished from being carried. It requires no sweetening, it’s just marvelous as is.

I like to boil water, pour it over the fruit and then just leave it to cool off while still steeping. So much cherry flavor, and not the least bit of a fake, medicinal kind. It’s tart without being difficult to drink.

I almost want to find a way to recreate it myself if it’s gone for good. It’s way too good!

Ok one last thing, Steepster. Since nowhere else on the internet has anyone helped me, I really want to cut my hair like this: http://www.allure.com/hair-ideas/2012/32-hair-ideas-for-2012#slide=3 (but less bangs in the front) and my boyfriend thinks it’d look good, but my mom is trying to say my hair is too thick for it. Since I know the boyfriend doesn’t know the first thing about it, I can’t ask him and nobody else has answered me, does that even possibly matter? I’ve had layers before. That page even says more along the lines of it not being good for super fine hair. I reaaaaally want to cut my hair but I’m so particular and I want this so much, augh. Now back to your regularly scheduled tea-related dashboard.

Azzrian

If your hair IS too thick why not let them thin in?
I think that would fail on fine hair – I have super fine hair and it won’t hold anything.

momo

I think if I want it a bit longer (which I said when I showed her the picture) it wouldn’t really be a problem like it being shorter. If anything it seems to me like it would lighten the load of hair on my head!

momo

Oops, I accidentally deleted the middle sentence: with the razor cutting I think it would thin it out.

Azzrian

Yeah I agree it would thin with razor cutting. My daughter has REALLY thick hair (didn’t get it from me) and yes it does lighten your load a ton to have some of it off!

Tabby

These are three flavors I like in one tea! Want!

Kittenna

They found TWO pouches?! (Or does this include the one you’re sending to me? :D)

JacquelineM

As a person with thick hair, I’d say as long as you’re willing to commit to regular hair cuts, it will work. Our hair gets bushier faster :) If you go every 4-6 weeks to maintain the layers, you’ll be fine. I had a similar hair cut once and the razor cut layers were great!

DaisyChubb

I agree with Jacqueline! I’ve had a similar haircut and it does need some maintenance, but I actually liked how it looked when it grew out so I rode it out quite well. That would feel SO good to get the weight off in the summer though! Now I’m inspired! Want to get matching haircuts? lol

JacquelineM

DaisyChubb – I have Extremely Bushy Hair. Think Hermione in the early Harry Potter movies.

momo

Kittenna – Two includes the one for you!

JacquelineM – That is thick hair! I don’t think mine is that level of thick, but it’s up there, when it gets longer it just gets ridiculous and I don’t know why exactly I haven’t cut it. Your response here is SO helpful because I know my mom isn’t the side the thick hair came from haha. I think I am going to go get it cut now!

DaisyChubb – Haha, matching haircuts sounds like a plan! I wish I thought of this last week when it was so awfully hot. I really would like some sort of cut I have to maintain because otherwise I go 18 months without cutting my hair and wonder what to do. And it’s not fun.

Cold-brewed the rest of my sample and confirmed that this tea definitely needs to be part of my iced tea collection for the summer if at all possible. The cherry tartness is so well-balanced by the other fruity flavours and like with Tropicalia, there’s nothing weird going on, so if artificial flavours were involved, they were cleverly done (and as long as I can’t taste artificial-ness, I don’t really care). Not as sweet as Tropicalia (but I think I used too much tea with that one, definitely making it a “juice tea”, in the words of Indigobloom.)

Thanks again Amanda for introducing me to this tea :)

Yum.

Iced 8 min or more

lol I’ve been thinking of using “cider” now to! :P

Kittenna

Cider has a bit of a different connotation to me, so I think I’ll stick with ‘juice tea’ :D

Indigobloom

Anything with apple (and not beets!) I tend to find somewhat cider like. I guess it depends on how I perceive the ingredients lol

Kittenna

Interesting. I equate cider to a spiced sort of mulled cider (even though I know cider you can purchase here in Ontario is little more than apple juice).

Indigobloom

yeah me to, but most of them end up like that esp if there is any spice like cinnamon in there!

Another one from momo! thanks so much! This is exactly as I expected as I was reading about the blend… but better! This combination of fruits is fantastic! And NO hibiscus! I love the apples, cranberries, kiwi and cherries. The icing on the cake is this perfect coconut flavor. It just gives the tea a creaminess and cuts the fruity tartness a bit. Delicious. The steep color is a nice yellow. This is a fine example that not all herbal teas need hibiscus. Thanks for sharing this one momo, as I read your tasting notes and how much you love it!

momo

You’re welcome! I loaded up on half a pound of it, so now I can share it with everyone!