Silver Needle White

White Tea
Almond, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

• “This is an awesome Silver Needle - so fresh and light, but also so flavorful. It has pleasant woody tones, hay-like notes, and an overtone of sweetness that seems to wash over it all, making for a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4423 tasting notes
  • “A little something to cleanse the palate? Ok! YAY! This has a sweet yet hay-like taste to it. It's sort of grain-E but in a satisfying way. It has a natural hint of sugar...not really cane...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Yum!! I am almost never in the mood for white tea, but this one is really yummy and full and nice. When I first tried it, I thought it was a Yabao tea, actually. Maybe because this is a silver...” Read full tasting note
    Spoonvonstup 59 tasting notes
  • “This is such a light and refreshing tea. I totally agree with the other reviewers that it has a bit of a hay taste. I also get a really nice sweet taste as well. This is a sample that I got with my...” Read full tasting note
    julesbean 31 tasting notes

From Mandala Tea

A very precious and delicate tea characterized by the fine white hairs on the leaf. This beautiful white tea is only harvested for a couple of days each spring. It produces a rich body and savory aroma. Rich in antioxidants, as well as other extremely healthful minerals, white teas are less astringent than green teas with all of the same benefits. Its light and smooth flavor make it ideal for accompanying food, or soothing in the evening due to its lower level of caffeine.

Our Silver Needle is a premium grade tea from the Yunnan Province where clean air and water from the Tibetan Plateau nourishes the tea bushes. This helps to ensure a pure tea bud.

About Mandala Tea View company

This is an awesome Silver Needle – so fresh and light, but also so flavorful. It has pleasant woody tones, hay-like notes, and an overtone of sweetness that seems to wash over it all, making for a very soft, smooth delivery from start to finish. Very little astringency (next to no astringency!) and no bitterness. Just sweet, delicious tea.

I am really LOVING Mandala Tea!

A little something to cleanse the palate? Ok! YAY!

This has a sweet yet hay-like taste to it. It’s sort of grain-E but in a satisfying way.

It has a natural hint of sugar…not really cane sugar or stevia but perhaps more of a coconut crystal type sugary taste to it. That’s the part I like…the hint of that little something that sets it aside from the others.

Nice!

Bonnie

Buzzzz! Lots of tea! Coconut really? Is it piney?

TeaEqualsBliss

Well, not coconut persay, but coconut sugar or coconut crystals (a natural sweetener). It’s not really pine-E, no…MAYBE a sweeter pine needle type and not a woodsy one…if that makes sense :)

Bonnie

Yes. Some white jasmine’s are sweet pine needle or sap scented to me in a good way. I look for it!

Yum!! I am almost never in the mood for white tea, but this one is really yummy and full and nice. When I first tried it, I thought it was a Yabao tea, actually. Maybe because this is a silver needle from Yunnan?

If I am going to drink white tea, I am going to be drinking this one. The texture is full and round. A little bit of wood spice (like a rosewood chest of my mother’s), sweet and billowy like a light bit of marshmallow sugar. Also something that reminds me of warm, white, fresh washed linens in the sunlight.

This is such a light and refreshing tea. I totally agree with the other reviewers that it has a bit of a hay taste. I also get a really nice sweet taste as well. This is a sample that I got with my first Mandala order recently. This is a great tea to unwind with after a long day at work.

I’m not a huge fan of white teas generally, but I wanted a silver needle in my cupboard and decided to get this one from Mandala with my last order. I trust Garret’s taste in tea so I knew I’d end up with something good :)

The weather has been dreary here and my sweetie has been out of town, so it seemed like a good day to try something light and sweet.

The other reviewers mentioned this tastes like hay… I get the association but I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten hay. ;) To me it seems a bit nutty like almonds, with a definite sweetness and some floral component. This is very gentle and nice, perfect for an afternoon cuppa and doesn’t need any additions. A lovely silver needle, I’m glad I got this one…

Flavors: Almond, Rose

Cameron B.

I’ve been enjoying silver needles lately too. I’m sorry your sweetie is out of town. :(

Tea Sipper

I’m obsessed with silver needles recently too! I was just thinking which one to have. :D

TeaBrat

@Cameron – thanks! Fortunately he comes back today :)
@Tea Sipper – this is nice as a resteep too. Do you have a favorite silver needle?

mj

I want all the silver needles….all the time! Yunnan Silver Needle by Whispering Pines in my favorite