Rou Gui Cinnamon Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by kimquat

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is freaking delicious. Slightly mineral oolong taste, with roasty cinnamon overtones and a touch of sweetness. The taste it leaves on my tongue is sweet, silky, and starting to verge on...” Read full tasting note
    kmewrd 17 tasting notes

From Mandala Tea

First flush spring leaves are picked and roasted for this classic “rock” or “cliff” style tea which comes from the Wu Yi Mountains in Fujian Province, China. This stunning area has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of the abundance of different species and cultural importance of its tea growing tradition.

Rou Gui translates literally to cinnamon or cassia. The dry leaves give a distant impression of the spice and once they are rinsed it becomes more apparent. Short gong fu-style steepings produce a clear and peach-hued liquor. This oolong earns its nick name with magnificent almond milk, toast, and cinnamon flavors that persist in the mouth after each sip. We find ourselves picking up the gaiwan again and again to behold this mesmerizing tea.

Basic Brewing Instructions:
-Do a 5-10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
-195˚ F water temperature.
-Use 1 generously heaping tablespoon per 8oz. of filtered water.
-Recommended early steepings of 30 seconds, adding time as desired.

About Mandala Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This is freaking delicious. Slightly mineral oolong taste, with roasty cinnamon overtones and a touch of sweetness. The taste it leaves on my tongue is sweet, silky, and starting to verge on creamy. (This is on the second steep.) It makes me think of cinnamon raisin bread. SO good! It’s so hard to put the cup down. Absolutely getting this again!!

hmmmmm maybe time to put this on my shopping list

Stephanie

Oooooh me too Sil

mrmopar

I will do the same!

kimquat

Later steeps were much more toned down, but the first two were fantastic. I’m on the fourth and it’s got a soft, quiet, and vaguely sugary quality about it. I really enjoyed this one. (: Thought I’d add that it’s hard for me to find Wu Yi oolongs that rock my socks off, so it was a pleasant surprise.

TeaBrat