Montagne d'Or

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is very very fruity - I convinced a friend to order a teapot so i could try this, she did not love it unfortunately. And neither did, not quite, I. It is maybe trying too hard. It´s floral...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 331 tasting notes
  • “Love this tea and another delight from my Mariage Freres samples. This tea is like liquid perfume combining the flavors of rose AND fruity apple. The inexplicable part is the flavors combine into...” Read full tasting note
    lorimarantopittman 328 tasting notes
  • “YA! So hard for me to even imagine that a tea other then Marco Polo could rock my world so much, this one comes close. It's like sitting in a peach orchard having a picnic, on a sweet summer day...” Read full tasting note
    brookem 17 tasting notes
  • “Another one added by *Dustin* and from "Another Traveling Tea Box." I really liked this one and am going to keep the rest (mua ha ha!) So far I am only keeping two so I don't feel so bad, and I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Marzipan 275 tasting notes

From Mariage Frères

‘Golden Mountain’ is a felicitous blend of traditional flavoured teas from China with fruits from the mountains of the Golden Triangle. A precious tea.

Mariage réussi de thés parfumés traditionnels de Chine et de fruits des montagnes du Triangle d’or. Thé précieux.

About Mariage Frères View company

This is very very fruity – I convinced a friend to order a teapot so i could try this, she did not love it unfortunately. And neither did, not quite, I. It is maybe trying too hard. It´s floral tea with straight ironed dyed-platinum hair and long fake nails. It´s too much, thank you very much.

It tastes strongly (nicely but too much and too sweet) of loquats (nêsperas!) to me, can not spot any other fruit (maybe some citrus?), though it also smells a bit floral.

I will try this again if I can, just to make sure, but it is probably not going to ever be my cup of tea.

Love this tea and another delight from my Mariage Freres samples. This tea is like liquid perfume combining the flavors of rose AND fruity apple. The inexplicable part is the flavors combine into something light and refreshing. One warning- don’t let this tea get lukewarm! Boy when cold, yuck! The odd rose and apple combination just does not work…

YA! So hard for me to even imagine that a tea other then Marco Polo could rock my world so much, this one comes close. It’s like sitting in a peach orchard having a picnic, on a sweet summer day with not a care in the world discussing how beautiful the world is, feeling how beautiful life is. it is very perfect this tea. the alchemy of the flavoring, hits that perfect note. Also I have noticed that mariage freres tea that comes in the tin is so much more fresh and alive, then their tea not in the tin. And the ingredients are just such high quality – unmistakingly high. (that word is not spelled right, but I don’t know how to spell it)

Alicia

I am sold. I have to try this. :)

Another one added by Dustin and from “Another Traveling Tea Box.” I really liked this one and am going to keep the rest (mua ha ha!) So far I am only keeping two so I don’t feel so bad, and I’m adding a bunch. This was a nice fruity black, not super strong like someone else said, or maybe I just like them super strong. I didn’t get the super astringency either. Oh well, the whole purpose of the box is to get teas into the hands of people with different tastes, right?

CelebriTEA

I would love to try this tea.
Lucky you ;-)

I cold brewed some of this and I think it is better than having it hot. Unfortunately it doesn’t drastically improve it. I’m still getting that mineral undertone taste and I don’t think it was the water this time. Still getting generic fruit flavors. A little floral.
It is going in the get rid of pile. I don’t have time for mediocre tea!

Iced
keychange

I know what you mean about not having time for mediocre tea.

Just not crazy about this one….there’s a strange astringent taste that hits right in the middle and I just can’t get around it. I’ve experimented with water temps and steeping times but I just can’t get into this one.

I want to love this tea, but it is so hard. I love the other Mariage Freres, but this one has a twinge that isn’t so great.

I was once at a house party, and after spending the night I made boiled water in a clean saucepan, as this house had no kettle. Drinking the tea, I couldn’t help but notice it tasted distinctly noodley and salty. My friend told me that she had used that saucepan to make ramen the night before. Ick.

This tea reminds me of that day, every single time I drink it. Oh well.

My favorite tea from Mariage Frères!