Huckleberry Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Chinese Black Tea, Flavouring
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “Second tea of the morning.... (SRP #19) I picked up a few individual bags of this with my Market Spice order a while ago. I think I was anticipating a future order from there since their...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “Taking the day off today after a fabulous weekend, filled with family visits and a Steampunk-themed wedding, which also was sort of a college friend reunion for me. Totally had a blast!! So much...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 434 tasting notes
  • “I tried the decaf tea bag version, and was a bit unsure as to what to expect, since I'd never even heard of huckleberry tea before (nor have ever tried anything huckleberry-flavored). I thoroughly...” Read full tasting note
    michelleszetela 98 tasting notes
  • “I received a box of this tea as a gift. I don't usually buy bagged teas, but I never look a gift leaf in the mouth. (Or whatever the tea equivalent of that saying would be.) Upon opening the inner...” Read full tasting note
    paulmtracy 141 tasting notes

From Market Spice

“Similar to blueberries, huckleberries grow wild in the mountainous regions of the Pacific Northwest. We have added the flavor of this delightful fruit to Chinese Hunan black to create a tea that is both sweet and satisfying. Ingredients: Chinese black tea and Huckleberry flavoring.”

About Market Spice View company

Second tea of the morning…. (SRP #19)

I picked up a few individual bags of this with my Market Spice order a while ago. I think I was anticipating a future order from there since their signature tea held quite a bit of promise for me, so this was a way to sample this tea without ordering the 4 oz minimum. I know I would shop at Market Spice if it was someplace close that I could visit, but the amount of the shipping with the fact that I was not truly taken with the teas I ordered means it was probably my last order with them. Their service is great, though. I did have an order mistake that was promptly corrected, and they do respond to email very quickly. It may be a great place for others to order, but I need a little more than great service to keep me coming back and, like I mentioned before, the tea I ordered just did not wow me.

This tea is a great one for the fruity and sweet tea lovers out there. I honestly get Welch’s Grape Soda from this. How fun this would be for kids! I still taste tea, but the grape-ish flavor is pretty strong. I am certain if I had encountered this tea in the beginning of my tea journey, it would have been a favorite. The tea base is smooth with not a hint of bitterness, and it is tasty. I do have to give them props for this. What a fun tea!

Bag in a mug method….yep, just 8 oz. boiling water for 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Bonnie

I almost picked up some Huckleberry Tea last week at the DAM Store on the way to Rocky Mt. National Park. Yes, all the grandkids love to say the dam store with all the dam stuff in it up by the dam.(there are a few dam stores by dams in Colorado…we picked up maple duck,elk venison and wild boar jerky) .

Taking the day off today after a fabulous weekend, filled with family visits and a Steampunk-themed wedding, which also was sort of a college friend reunion for me. Totally had a blast!! So much fun!! Glad I took today off though, because our flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours last night, so we didn’t get back until 2 am!

So, we went to Pike Place Market in Seattle yesterday, and I discovered this shop! I had seen it on Yelp! because, prior to our trip I was curiously searching for tea shops up there, and I totally ran into it without even knowing it was at Pike Place! Score! I was overwhelmed by their wall of tea canisters, but I found some 10-bag sampler packs, which I promptly picked up. I only got two, but now I’m considering an online order. Their tea is really inexpensive, surprisingly.

So, this huckleberry tea is pretty good. I couldn’t help myself and opened the sealed foil package to smell it while we were stuck at the airport. Totally huckleberry! Reminded me of the huckleberry taffy my friend sent me a long time ago. I brewed some up this morning. The teabags were oddly moist, but the tea tastes great! This one has a lot of huckleberry flavor….pretty much straight-up huckleberry. I would have maybe liked a little more tea flavor, but I still enjoyed it, a lot. I think it might be fabulous iced! Definitely a taste of the northwest, and a great end to a wonderful weekend! :)

I tried the decaf tea bag version, and was a bit unsure as to what to expect, since I’d never even heard of huckleberry tea before (nor have ever tried anything huckleberry-flavored). I thoroughly enjoyed this, though, It’s milder and rounder that the Market Spice Signature Blend, and the aroma is also sweeter and something I would be able to drink more often than the deliciously pungent Market Spice Signature Blend. It smelled delicious!

I received a box of this tea as a gift. I don’t usually buy bagged teas, but I never look a gift leaf in the mouth. (Or whatever the tea equivalent of that saying would be.) Upon opening the inner lining, the first thing I noticed was that the bags were very slightly moist. I was surprised because the seal was airtight. The room immediately filled with an aroma similar to a cross between blackberries and blueberries.

The richness of the fruit flavoring carried through to the brewed tea. It was naturally sweet, but the black tea balanced this well so it wasn’t cloying. If you like “fruity” teas and don’t mind using a tea bag, this is a winner.