Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “I keep forgetting about this one and I still have about 3 oz of it left! That's at least half of it gone at least! This has a dash of milk and a decent amount of maple agave in it. YUM. I...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1698 tasting notes
  • “Oh, this was a good tea this morning. Smokey, richly flavoured, kinda like a campfire. :) I had it with homemade coconut creamer. So good. And I also had oatmeal with maple syrup and coconut. All...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1473 tasting notes
  • “You get a big waft of smokey-BBQ when you open the bag and I was afraid that it would be too heavy on the Lapsang Souchong. My fears were allayed however, and while there's some smoke, it doesn't...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1604 tasting notes
  • “mmm thanks cavo! Having a small cup of this one today and the rest is going into my experiments with dinner tonight. For whatever reason, cooking with smoky teas seems to be what i like to do. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

This unique blend of Lapsang, Darjeeling and China black tea creates a rich, aromatic brew with a slight smokey flavour.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

I keep forgetting about this one and I still have about 3 oz of it left! That’s at least half of it gone at least!

This has a dash of milk and a decent amount of maple agave in it. YUM.

I really need to drink a lot of this done before spring because it’s best in the winter cold, and I don’t think it’d still be good for next winter. It won’t be hard – I just need to remember how good it is!

Who doesn’t like smoke and sugar and maple?

Fjellrev

That does sound like a nice combination! I’ll admit that I don’t care for smoky teas, though.

Cavocorax

It’s not terribly smoky – not quite as much as a lapsang souchong! And of course the milk mutes most of it. I don’t really have the energy to do a proper swap, but if you’re curious about it, I can stick a little into a baggie and send it your way!

Fjellrev

I’m not going to lie. I’m never curious about smoky tea hahaha. But thanks for the offer! I actually still have that Della Terra smoky Professor Grey sitting in my box which was supposed to go out to Kittenna when it was originally discontinued, and it never happened. Have you tried that?

Haha. Fair enough – just thought I’d offer since we’ve done swaps before. :D

And, I can’t say I have had it before?

sherapop

Sounds good! Of course, I like Lapsang Souchong… ;-)

Yvonne

Smoke is always good!

Not always….sometimes it’s too much and only good for cooking with ha!

Fjellrev

Cavo, I can send some your way if you’re game. But I warn you, it’s semi-smothered in sprinkles. If you or Sil don’t want to try it, then I know I can just ship it all off to Kittenna, that is if she still likes it.

Cavocorax

Thanks for the offer, but I’m doing ok in the sprinkled tea category. Also, I’m always happy when Kittenna gets more tea!

Fjellrev

Ok well either way, I ought to send stuff out to the eastern Canadian front sometime. If you see anything in my cupboard that catches your fancy, let me know. :)

Cavocorax

Will do – same if you see anything in mine. :D

oh..i responded to the other comment SC (swedish chef) – send it to kittenna, i can always pick up a cup from her someday haha

Otay, will do!

All with a whiny cat on my lap. Seriously. He pushes me around on my bed at night, then demands loads of snuggles as soon as I get up. Cat, you are ridiculous. (Of course, his name is Princess… for a reason.)

keychange

I love everything that reminds me of campfire. awesome!

It’s just making me want to go out camping. So I can roast marshmallows. :D

keychange

Definitely one of the better aspects of camping.

oddree

All of these things, I like. My cat is also like a bowling ball on my bed at night, usually between my legs so I can’t move. He’s such a bully… and then wants to snuggle yes. His name is Spider, though I often refer to him as “silly” :)

Kat_Maria

Haha, our cat eyed me from head to toe today like she was the most popular girl in school and I was a new kid ;D ;D

You get a big waft of smokey-BBQ when you open the bag and I was afraid that it would be too heavy on the Lapsang Souchong. My fears were allayed however, and while there’s some smoke, it doesn’t take over the tea and drown out all the other flavours. I’m picking up a slightly astringent, tannic sort of note that comes from the Darjeeling I think, aswell as a rounder, mellower flavour that might be from the Keemun.

It’s a nice, well-balanced black tea that goes down smoothly and that doesn’t really seem like it needs a ton of milk and/or sugar. Although I suppose you could add it if you wanted – I don’t think it would wreck the taste or anything.

mmm thanks cavo! Having a small cup of this one today and the rest is going into my experiments with dinner tonight. For whatever reason, cooking with smoky teas seems to be what i like to do. Since this is smokey but not overpowering, I’m mixing this one up with a bit of spice! :) I’m glad i have a bit more of this left to have a real cup of later!

OMGsrsly

Do let us know what you end up cooking! Since I just got this tea and won’t be able to drink it all, I’d love to try some recipes with it.

Try adding a spoonful of maple syrup to your cup :)

OMGsrsly

I don’t have maple syrup! I know, a Canadian without maple syrup… my excuse is it’s $$$ out here.

omg – only reason we have it actually is because costco carries it LOL I made two versions tonight – 1 with lemon dill spices along with the tea and the other with habenaro and roasted garlic spices. We preferred the spicy one but both were good.

OMGsrsly

Do you just sprinkle the tea leaves in, or make the tea and add it as a liquid? That’s the part I’m not sure about… :) I should put maple syrup on my list for my next Costco trip.

OMG – i’ve done both but i prefer it as a tea – marinate versus a rub. So i brew the tea up – slightly stronger than i would for a cup of tea, marinate it along with herbs and spices for about 30 mins and then we grill it/fry it/bake it :)

Excellent. Thanks!

I don’t quite recall how this sample tasted other than it was notable enough for me to consider puting it on my shopping list.