Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Finishing this one off as well. I neglected to type up a steeping note when I picked it up a second time. I wanted so much to like it, and I couldn't understand why the initial batch was so...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 373 tasting notes
  • “I need a good kick in the pants because my productivity has come to a screeching halt. I would typically rely on my good friend Queen Catherine to pull me by the ear and make me snap to, but alas...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes
  • “I remember when I thought this tea was too smoky and now it's just right. I think part of my love of this tea is sentimental but tea is an experience and so in a way I'm creating an experience of...” Read full tasting note
    wrldtrvlgrl 4 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

One of Murchie’s original blends created from the teas Queen Victoria ordered while in residence at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. These teas included Jasmine and other green and black teas, including Lapsang Souchong, creating this sweet tea with smokey overtones.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Finishing this one off as well.

I neglected to type up a steeping note when I picked it up a second time. I wanted so much to like it, and I couldn’t understand why the initial batch was so bitter. I got it in store again, and it tasted as wonderful as I remember, so I sprung for another two ounces.

I think I was write when I assumed it was something with the batch, because this one was fine all the way through. Probably one of my favourite tea blends. Grassy green and smoky, very unique—screams “Murchie’s”.

It’s up there with Library Blend as teas I will probably re-buy. Although I think I should truck through all their other green-black tea blends first.

I need a good kick in the pants because my productivity has come to a screeching halt. I would typically rely on my good friend Queen Catherine to pull me by the ear and make me snap to, but alas I’m out of THE QUEEN. How did this happen?!

I’m hoping that another queen might be able to help me out of my evening malise. Queen Victoria may not be quite as feisty as Queen Catherine, but she’s no slouch! Queen Victoria is an icreadible blend of green and black teas with the sweetness of jasmine and the smoky goodness of Lapsang Souchong.

Two cups later… I’ve not gotten the swift kick in the pants that I needed, but I do feel like I’ve gotten a stern talking to. We will be recomending this tea (the royal we).

gmathis

Love those kick-in-the-pants teas. Now if we could obtain some that would just do the work for us!

Jenn

Ha! You better get working on creating such a tea. We’ll be rich :)

I remember when I thought this tea was too smoky and now it’s just right. I think part of my love of this tea is sentimental but tea is an experience and so in a way I’m creating an experience of the moment I first tried it in Victoria, BC.