English Afternoon Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Stacie Taylor

From New English Teas

A blend of flavour and briskness from Ceylon and Kenya create the ideal afternoon tea traditionally drunk with scones and jam in the middle of an English afternoon.

About New English Teas View company

I noticed this last time, but now I’m sure. This upsets my stomach! I dont know why it would do that, but a cup of this and I feel a little… acidic maybe? Well, thats it for this tea! No more sick making tea, even if its otherwise unoffensive. Sipdown!

Made a small pot (2 slightly rounded teaspoons loose tea, ~400 mL boiling water) this afternoon – one cup straight, one steeped ~30 seconds longer with unsweetened soya milk added. I usually take black tea with sugar, but I’m pleased to find out that I like this one just fine without. I had the milky cup with a blueberry brownie, which played nicely off the tea’s citrusy notes.

Yay milk & sugar… It’s been such a long day.

Not sure if this is the same tea as this listing shows. The tin I have says “pure Ceylon teas packed in Sri Lanka”. Nothing about Kenyan blends. At any rate, I bought this because the tin was awesome and it was on sale. :) This tasting note is for both English Afternoon and Tea Rations. I’m positive they are the same teas.

I wasn’t expecting much from the teabags and they mainly live up to expectations. They have a mild buttery scent but I suspect that is the bags. They are the paper bags without strings like Celestial Seasonings has. The tea is a basic tea bag tea – it’s tea flavored tea. Fannings of tea that steep super quickly and the flavor is unremarkable but not horrible. It does take cream very well and that takes it from an acceptable cup to quite nice but nothing I’d keep on hand.

S’okay. I bought for the tins. :)

Anlina

Those are awesome tins.

A nice little afternoon tea—perfect with a touch of honey.