Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “No way!! my tea palate is not normally that attuned in black teas. But here, I could actually taste the fruitiness. Like... banana perhaps, or some sort of medley. What a trip. I've never had an...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1292 tasting notes
  • “thanks so much Nina's Paris for these samples! I really wanted to try a sample of the Nina's Japon as soon as I saw someone else's tasting note for it, then later that day I saw an offer for...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1295 tasting notes
  • “This was a free sample with my Nina's Paris order. Assam is my favorite straight black tea, so I was super happy to get this as a free sample. The dry tea is super fragant, smells sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 754 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

The slightly spicy Assam from the region of Thowra, further reveals its flavour with milk. The aromatic leaves produce a red-brown infusion that leaves a fruity taste on the palate.

About Nina's Paris View company

No way!! my tea palate is not normally that attuned in black teas. But here, I could actually taste the fruitiness. Like… banana perhaps, or some sort of medley. What a trip. I’ve never had an Assam like this before.
Asides from that, it’s nice and strong with some awesome malty backing. It’s been awhile since I had an intensely malty tea, and this seriously hit the spot.
Really nice for a change, but not something I’d want permanently in my cupboard. Well maybe if it didn’t go stale!
Thank you Nina’s Paris Teas for this sample!

Fjellrev

The same thing usually happens to me with blacks too. Cool that you tasted all the fruitiness!

Indigobloom

It was pretty neat! A nice surprise because I tasted it before looking at the description. Thought I was imagining things

thanks so much Nina’s Paris for these samples! I really wanted to try a sample of the Nina’s Japon as soon as I saw someone else’s tasting note for it, then later that day I saw an offer for samples! I thought I’d try the straight assam first, so I can try the base of the others by itself. There was maybe a teaspoon and a half in my sample, so I just used every last leaf for this steep. Four minutes later, I get a reddish brown color and quite the kick! I might have used too much tea or steeped too long, but this is brisk and a bit astringent, yet still a bit above medium bodied. I’m reminded of a dark rye bread.. so this would have been perfect for a couple days ago on St. Patrick’s Day! It’s a bit malty, but less than I would expect from an assam. It’s very delicious! The second steep at just boiled for four minutes tames the briskness down a bit. Now there is more of that assam sweet, and a bit of a unique fragrance. Now it kind of seems like it would be a chocolate rye bread. I really love this one… can’t wait to try the others from Nina’s!

This was a free sample with my Nina’s Paris order.

The dry tea is super fragant, smells sweet and flowery, slightly fruity. The brewed tea is moderately thick and heavy. It tastes sweet, fruity, flowery. It is also malty and reminds me of a heavy sweet bread.

I think this is one of the best straight assam teas that I have tried! I did not have to add any milk or sugar at all.

whatshesaid

Lala, did you order from Amazon or is their site up?

Lala

I don’t think the site is up yet. I ordered directly from Laurent, I just told him what I wanted via email and paid by paypal. A small box ships UPS for approx $20 shipping, it fit 8 – 1.6oz teas.

whatshesaid

Oh good to know, thanks! Were the teas in bags? As far as pricing what would compare them to? Just wondering if they’re in my range right now or not :)

whatshesaid

Good to know, thanks!! Just curious, what price range are they? How much for 1.6 oz? And do they come in bags or tins? :)

Lala

It was loose tea in clear bags that were heat sealed. The teas cost between $7.50 to $10.50/1.6 oz bag. Not sure how much the tins cost, but more expensive. Can also get 3.2 oz bags.