Tropical Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Revolution Tea

You are about to enjoy the most exciting green tea on the planet! Revolution Tea’s Tropical Green is a natural blend of Dragonwell green tea, Young Hyson and pineapple flavoring. Rich in flavor, this award-winning tea will convert anyone to the wonders of green tea.

About Revolution Tea View company

Picked this one up at a Pilot truck stop a while ago. I had quite disappointing experiences with the other sachets I picked up, so I wasn’t expecting much from this one, but such is cupboard cleaning: sometimes you drink teas you’re not the biggest fan of.

The dry sachet smelled very generically tropical; I could maybe pick out pinapple? But also worringly artificial. I’m starting get a bit skittish about some fruit tea blends since they can go so wrong so fast for me. Anyway, when I brewed it, it was better than I was expecting. That’s not saying much, but the aroma is decently pleasant and not too fake or sickly-sweet smelling. The green tea isn’t obliterated in the aroma or the taste, which is nice. It tastes fairly generically tropical, like it smells, but it’s decent enough. I was surprised to see that there is mint in this, since the combo of mint and tropical fruit sounds horrible and wrong to me, but while the mint flavor is definitely noticable, I don’t hate it. Overall, it’s not a terribly exciting tea, but not so bad that I won’t drink the whole cup.

It brews into a pretty copper tea scented with mint and pineapple. The mint is somewhat overpowering in the brew and there is a slight bitterness. Overall it smells better than it tastes. Another tea that must be re-homed. My kitchen is the Home for Wayward Teas.

TeaEqualsBliss

I have liked their stuff so far. This is good to know, however, haven’t tried this one yet. Thanks!

Premium and Full Leaf? Hardly. The smell of the tea is good, which is why I bought some. The taste as others have said is overly minty which hides the green tea taste and does not feel very tropical. I bought the tea out of convience since it is pre-bagged loose leaf but was sad to see the actual condition of the leaves. They are small pieces not at all what good Dragon’s Well looks like and I saw notable amounts of tea dust, probably accounting for some of the bitterness. In the future I will just pre bag my own good loose leaf tea and skip the “convienience” factor.

My humans included this tea from their pantry in the Green Tea Extravaganza. http://is.gd/bJPQb

I bought a sampler of Revolution Tea at World Market. This bagged tea is pleasant but not exactly something I’d go out of my way to purchase. I taste tropical fruits but it doesn’t seem to give me a single obvious note. I managed to get two steepings out of my bag.

This is quite delightful! It’s good on its own or as part of an iced tea pitcher. It has a very fresh flavor.

I made a cup of this before school, and while it was sweet and forthright it quickly became forgotten during the hectic rush of the day! I was pleasantly surprised later by how well it held up despite a terribly long over-steep.

The least favorite of The Revolution tea brand

Yum! I was pleasantly surprised with this tea. The dragonwell and the fruit balance each other out nicely. I loved the packaging too (I got this in a sample pack).

Meh. It’ll do in a pinch.