Midnight Magic

Edit tea info Last updated by Scion

From Shanti Tea

Origin: China
Certification: Organic
Ingredients: Tea (Camelia Sinensis), Rosehips, Rose Petals, Orange Pieces, Natural Essences
Tea Oxidation: Green
Tea Leaf Grade: Loose Leaf
Leaf Aroma: Floral, hint of citrus

Infusion Aroma: Smoky, sweet

Infusion Color: Yellow

Base Flavor: Orange, floral, smoky finish

Infusion Strength: Medium

About Shanti Tea View company

So this is one of the 3 teas in the October 2012 Tasting Box from Amoda Tea. I opted to try this one first because I generally dislike floral tea and I’d already had an oolong tonight. Opening this tea bag I was intrigued because it wasn’t overly floral. The citrus cut through the floral notes to leave behind a really nice scent. I was a little more hopeful that I’d like the steeped tea.

Upon steeping the tea, the colour is a really nice mellow gold colour. The scent however, has lost the citrusey notes and smells like a green floral tea :( The taste?

Well given that I dislike floral teas more than i dislike oolongs, I’d say this is a pretty decent tea. lol I likely won’t drink much more of it because of the floral taste, but the citrus in the tea gives it a unique taste, that I’ve never experienced before. There isn’t a heavy aftertaste of flowers either, so that helps. Overall, not a bad little tea.

From a gift via CelebriTEA. Thank you so much!

I’ll put this out there right now: I’m rarely a fan of florals in my tea, unless perhaps it’s a French tea. They seem to understand how to do them properly, at least to my palate. So, when I smelled this and saw the rose petals, I was… concerned.

So. It smells like oranges and it tastes like orange rose petals. Which could be lovely if you’re into that sort of thing? I’m going to pass.

A delightful flavored green tea where the green tea comes out first and foremost. That is to say that this is a green tea that’s been flavored, not an overly flavored green tea. I can taste the green tea here!

Lovely vegetative tones that are not sharp, Smooth, sweet, grassy note, with a hint of rose and hint of citrus. Overall, a very nice cuppa.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/03/21/midnight-magic-green-tea-from-shanti-tea/

0.75 tbsp used for 375 ml

Jasmine flavour present. Slight vegetal green tea tone. Orange flavour is present.

Thanks to Sil for sharing this with me!

It’s near a mellower gunpowder like green paired with a good amount of citrus and floral flavors! This is very nice! The Citrus is the KEY!

(This sample was generously provided to me by Shanti Tea. Thank you Team Shanti.)
Dry Leaf: Floral with a very slight citrus aroma.
Wet Leaf: Citrus with a faint vegetal aroma in the background.
Liquor: I got a honey color.
Taste: I get a floral with just a faint hint of citrus. The broth has a thick or rich feel in the mouth. Makes the top of tongue feel sticky and causes a slight dryness in the mouth. I mean this in a pleasant way. Nice.
Overall Opinion: I give this a 90. The taste of this tea is light and pleasant. I would recommend this tea for a change of pace or to all the traditional tea drinkers that want try a blend or flavored tea.