Ceylon - Kenilworth Estate

Edit tea info Last updated by Ashley Bateman

• “I got this recently with my Simpson and Vail order. Oddly I am running low on traditional type black teas and I do like these kind in the morning. Definitely a good ceylon, I've had others from...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “A great afternoon cup of tea - not as bold as an Earl Grey or an Irish Breakfast, but a solid black tea nonetheless. I could swear it tastes like honey, and has that hue as well.” Read full tasting note
    IvyRowe 1 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

This well-known estate sits in the foothills of Sri Lanka’s western slopes, among lush green highlands and majestic waterfalls. The Kenilworth estate has gained worldwide fame for producing high quality teas. The long, wiry, black leaves of Ceylon Kenilworth Estate produce a deep amber cup with an excellent body and a slightly sweet taste. Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Definitely a good ceylon, I’ve had others from this estate before. very smooth with a chocolate flavor, not bitter at all, accomodates a splash of milk really well. It’s almost as mild as a congou, I may have to try it plain someday. It would be good in the morning or the afternoon, I think. Really works for me.

A great afternoon cup of tea – not as bold as an Earl Grey or an Irish Breakfast, but a solid black tea nonetheless. I could swear it tastes like honey, and has that hue as well.