Margaret's Hope Darjeeling Second Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by SFTGFOP

1 Tasting Note View all

• “First off, thank you DCS for the sample! I love Darjeelings. Usually first flushes, but there are just some days where you need a second flush. When its freezing cold outside...nothing is...” Read full tasting note
    sftgfop 149 tasting notes

From Single Origin Teas

This second flush from the Margaret’s Hope estate is a classic example of a Darjeeling. Darjeelings are recognized for their distinctive muscatel taste and aroma unique to the region. Margaret’s Hope reached acclaim in the 1930’s when it set the highest quality and price of Darjeeling teas . Second flushes are the second harvest in the region, starting in May each year. They are also the most popular of the flushes, as the tell tale muscatel taste is at its peak.

While much has changed since the 1930’s, Margaret’s Hope remains a staple standard of Darjeeling teas. To many, with its delicious fruit notes and mild astringency, Margaret’s Hope is what a Darjeeling should taste like.

Banerjee, Gangadhar, and Srijeet Banerjee. Darjeeling Tea The Golden Brew. Lucknow: International Book Distributing Co., 2007. Print.

About Single Origin Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

First off, thank you DCS for the sample!

I love Darjeelings. Usually first flushes, but there are just some days where you need a second flush. When its freezing cold outside…nothing is better than a hot cup of a second flush Darjeeling. I’ve tried the Margaret’s Hope tea estate many times. Its kinda everywhere. This one is different. Its above and beyond what I’ve had in the past. Maybe its the weather, maybe its the tea, but I may be converting to a second flusher. (that last bit just sounds weird).

Not too astringent, it has a delicious muscatel taste with a hint of nuts.

dcs121989

Kind of embarrassing that I haven’t reviewed this tea yet. Oh well it will be a while. I doubt that I’m gonna be drinking anything other than Candied Chestnut for a bit. I know flavored teas aren’t generally your thing but if you want a sample let me know :)

SFTGFOP

hahaha, well I’m sending you a sample of the Kumquat tea. Its amazing (at least to me).

You probably won’t need to send me any as I may order some. I’m really obsessed with the Darjeeling at the moment