Amba Tea Flower Tea

Grass, Plums
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Single Origin Teas

Amba Tea Flower Tea comes from one of two artisanal tea producers in Sri Lanka. Along with representing the Uva climate in this diverse country, Beverly the tea manager, has added camellia blossoms; giving a honey like sweetness to the wintergreen and maraschino cherry black tea that the Uva region is famous for. This innovative blend is one of the first of its kind. (We drink a lot of tea…and had never even thought of this!). The Amba tea estate has high altitude and harsh drought conditions that create a unique and unrivaled quality in their tea. These stressful growing conditions are then complimented with a fine level of plucking: one leaf and one bud. Hand rolled, fermented and dried, this tea receives a level of care that is close to devotion.

Amba is prized because of the unique, menthol almost eucalyptus aroma from the leaves. Add a maraschino cherry sweetness with the classic citrus undertones of Sri lanka and you experience a very complex cup of tea! Not your standard flavored tea, this tea has been carefully blended to ensure the taste is not over-powered but yet distinct. Beverly carefully blends and tastes each hand-rolled batch guaranteeing a high level of quality.

While not certified; we know Amba to be an organic tea estate. Located at the top of the Ravana Ella falls, Amba looks out over a dramatic tableau of the Sri Lankan mountains, and is truly the perfect place for growing tea. It is operated by an aid worker, Beverly, who utilizes her knowledge of Sri Lanka to bring economic development to the region of Ambadandegama, as well as several charities around the area and in Colombo.

One of the classics, this is what an Uva Ceylon can and should taste like! We would urge you first to try it without milk, as its delicious nature deserves to be appreciated on its own.Amba’s unique blend of their traditional finely plucked black tea with hand harvested tea flowers.

About Single Origin Teas View company

Steeped up a cup of this for breakfast this morning. I wasn’t really paying a lot of attention and just wanted a cup of something so I didn’t quite wait for the water to boil. I’m guessing it was about 180-190 or so. I also only steeped for a couple of minutes – probably shy of a full 2 minutes.

This was almost a different cup of tea done with these parameters. Wonderfully silky and sweet with not a bit of bitterness or astringency. This is still one of my favorite Ceylons. I think I’ll continue steeping like this in the future!

TeaBrat

Sounds like something I need to try :)

Mike

This does sound good!!

This is currently my favorite tea. It is naturally sweet, it is not astringent, bitter or overly flowery. It has a light subtle sent. I prefer it hot, but it is also good iced. When iced the the sweetness is less in the forefront.

Dry leaves smell of plum and grass. Brewed tea smells of roasted grain and tastes citrusy with slight astringency

Flavors: Grass, Plums

3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea made me stop, sip, and just enjoy all of the flavors it has to offer. There is a fruity – almost candy like – cherry note as well as a bright, clean eucalyptus flavor. It might seem like these two flavors shouldn’t work together, but trust me, they do. The eucalyptus note is light enough that it doesn’t overpower the tea. Instead, it heightens the tea’s fruity cherry note and natural sweetness, and it leaves a clean feeling on the tongue. There is also an orange note that is most apparent at the end of the sip and as the tea cools. I find the citrus note both surprising and pleasant, and I think it brings a fullness and bit of sparkle to the cup. I thoroughly enjoy the mix of flavors and am so impressed by this truly lovely Ceylon.

You can see the rest of my review here:

Also, this is my first tea review as a SororiTea Sister. I’m super excited!

Another tea from Nicole and man.. this IS delicious! on to my wishlist goes this one because it’s a great tea. this is just a deliciously sweet, smooth ceylon. I don’t know what else to say…this was just a great cup of to this early morning (or is that laaaaaate night for me) haha. Thanks for this Nicole! love it :)

Ysaurella

you can add it is a lovely tea because the pic shows a a very lovely blend ! :)

Single Origin Teas

Glad you enjoyed the tea! Amba was the reason why I opened Single Origin Teas :)