Amba Tea Flower Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Steeped up a cup of this for breakfast this morning. I wasn't really paying a lot of attention and just wanted a cup of something so I didn't quite wait for the water to boil. I'm guessing it was...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 563 tasting notes
  • “This is currently my favorite tea. It is naturally sweet, it is not astringent, bitter or overly flowery. It has a light subtle sent. I prefer it hot, but it is also good iced. When iced the the...” Read full tasting note
    dcs121989 35 tasting notes
  • “I received this from *Nicole* as part of the Christmas Card Swap. I've been wanting to try this tea for a while now, so I was excited she sent it my way. Thank you! This is good. Really good. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 880 tasting notes
  • “Another tea from *Nicole* and man.. this IS delicious! on to my wishlist goes this one because it's a great tea. this is just a deliciously sweet, smooth ceylon. I don't know what else to...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes

From Single Origin Teas

Amba Tea Flower Tea comes from one of two artisanal tea producers in Sri Lanka. Along with representing the Uva climate in this diverse country, Beverly the tea manager, has added camellia blossoms; giving a honey like sweetness to the wintergreen and maraschino cherry black tea that the Uva region is famous for. This innovative blend is one of the first of its kind. (We drink a lot of tea…and had never even thought of this!). The Amba tea estate has high altitude and harsh drought conditions that create a unique and unrivaled quality in their tea. These stressful growing conditions are then complimented with a fine level of plucking: one leaf and one bud. Hand rolled, fermented and dried, this tea receives a level of care that is close to devotion.

Amba is prized because of the unique, menthol almost eucalyptus aroma from the leaves. Add a maraschino cherry sweetness with the classic citrus undertones of Sri lanka and you experience a very complex cup of tea! Not your standard flavored tea, this tea has been carefully blended to ensure the taste is not over-powered but yet distinct. Beverly carefully blends and tastes each hand-rolled batch guaranteeing a high level of quality.

While not certified; we know Amba to be an organic tea estate. Located at the top of the Ravana Ella falls, Amba looks out over a dramatic tableau of the Sri Lankan mountains, and is truly the perfect place for growing tea. It is operated by an aid worker, Beverly, who utilizes her knowledge of Sri Lanka to bring economic development to the region of Ambadandegama, as well as several charities around the area and in Colombo.

One of the classics, this is what an Uva Ceylon can and should taste like! We would urge you first to try it without milk, as its delicious nature deserves to be appreciated on its own.Amba’s unique blend of their traditional finely plucked black tea with hand harvested tea flowers.

About Single Origin Teas View company

Steeped up a cup of this for breakfast this morning. I wasn’t really paying a lot of attention and just wanted a cup of something so I didn’t quite wait for the water to boil. I’m guessing it was about 180-190 or so. I also only steeped for a couple of minutes – probably shy of a full 2 minutes.

This was almost a different cup of tea done with these parameters. Wonderfully silky and sweet with not a bit of bitterness or astringency. This is still one of my favorite Ceylons. I think I’ll continue steeping like this in the future!

TeaBrat

Sounds like something I need to try :)

This is currently my favorite tea. It is naturally sweet, it is not astringent, bitter or overly flowery. It has a light subtle sent. I prefer it hot, but it is also good iced. When iced the the sweetness is less in the forefront.

I received this from Nicole as part of the Christmas Card Swap. I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while now, so I was excited she sent it my way. Thank you!

This is good. Really good. It’s a sweet, bright Ceylon that’s incredibly smooth. There’s no doubt in my mind that this would make a knockout iced tea, and at some point I’ll have to try that. I’ll pick up more of this for sure. It’s one of the better Ceylons I’ve tried.

Another tea from Nicole and man.. this IS delicious! on to my wishlist goes this one because it’s a great tea. this is just a deliciously sweet, smooth ceylon. I don’t know what else to say…this was just a great cup of to this early morning (or is that laaaaaate night for me) haha. Thanks for this Nicole! love it :)

Ysaurella

you can add it is a lovely tea because the pic shows a a very lovely blend ! :)

Single Origin Teas

Glad you enjoyed the tea! Amba was the reason why I opened Single Origin Teas :)