Honey Beauty Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From T-Oolongtea

All Natural Tea
Season: 2012 Spring (harvested in 2012 April)
Altitude: 300 meter above sea level
Varietal: Qingxin Dapa
Origin: Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Semioxidized
Packing Method: Vacuum packaging

This Honey Beauty Oolong is all natural, handpicked, handcrafted and produced from Qingxin Dapa varietals, the tea leaves often used to produce Oriental Beauty oolong. This tea tastes similar to Oriental beauty but not quite the same. The taste and aroma of the tea are honey sweet, rich, and pleasant with a long lasting honey sweet aftertaste. This tea stands up well to multiple infusions, and has the complexities of an oolong in taste and aroma, but the appearance and strength of a black tea.

Honey Beauty Oolong is produced following the method of making a regular oolong tea but using the raw tea leaves bitten by leafhoppers (the leaves for making oriental beauty).

Hsinchu tea region is located in the Hsinchu county. Beipu, Sinpu, Guansi, Hukou and Emei are major tea production townships of the region. Beipu and Emei are major production areas of Oriental Beauty oolong tea in Taiwan.

Honey Beauty Oolong is produced from tea leaves bitten by leafhoppers. The biting process is known as salivating when the insects insert a small amount of saliva into the leaves. Although the affected leaves curl downwards, the saliva is transformed into pleasant honey flavor when roasting. To attract leafhoppers, the tea plantations require to be pesticide free. You can be sure that the tea is all natural!

About T-Oolongtea View company

oooooo! Interesting. This smells like a syrupy honey but also a cakey/bakey-type oolong!

The taste is nice and even…from start to finish. It’s hardy and crusty-crisp. It does have a pastry-type flavor element to it, too!

The aftertaste hints at a Formosa/Beauty Oolong but it’s a different story prior to that. A nice surprise, indeed!

I like this one quite a bit!

Azzrian

This sounds SOOOOO YUMMY!

sipdown! this is a really nice oolong. it’s a darker oolong but it doesn’t have the typical roasty flavour to it. Instead this is a sweet oolong – leaf hoppers always get me! there’s a bit of dryness left in my mouth when drinking this but over all this is a really nice tea!

Backlog:

An aroma of sweet molasses … evoking thoughts of my gramma’s kitchen when she’d bake a pecan pie. Not so much with the pecans, but, with the sweet molasses-y filling of the pie. YUM!

Fruit tones of nectarine and plum are accented with a honey-esque sweetness. There is a lot of sweetness to this cup, but there is also a welcome note of sour that offers the palate something different to taste.

A nice Oolong to spend an afternoon with … infusion after infusion … I get so much delightful flavor from this tea.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/06/10/honey-beauty-oolong-tea-from-t-oolong-tea/

JustJames

added to shopping list (click)

gmathis

My big brother and I used to work a Thanksgiving deal. He got all my pecans; I got all his filling and crust.

Ysaurella

it sounds delicious, I’ll check how to get this from France

Thanks to NofarS for this sample!
This is a sweet honey essence with that spicy hint of coriander that all the leaf hopper bitten teas tend to share. Very tasty!

NofarS

Glad that you liked it!

Terri HarpLady

I actually brought your box with me to florida, so that I can finally start sampling more of them!

NofarS

That’s great! I’ll be rummaging in your box again after I finish sampling all the British teas that I got on my last trip (I’m travelling again on August), to see if there’s anything I might want to restock. But I can’t wait to get back to sampling all the goodies that you’ve so kindly sent me

From the LiberTEAS sampler I bought a while back

This is a truly delightful tea…it smells earthy and calm; one taste in and there are all these brown and woodsy notes with a great silky mouthfeel that just makes it a pleasure to drink.

Flavour-wise I pick up on some molasses-sweet notes (enhanced by the tsp of honey I poured in, I’m sure) on top of a set of flavours that make me think of stacks of seasoned firewood and the loamy smell of leaves in the forest in the fall. I grew up in Appalachia, so this is an amazingly comforting taste that hearkens back to childhood days spent on the mountain.

Overall, though, this tea is very…brown, in an earthy (and quite good) way. I’d drink it again, maybe with a little milk or something next time – I’d like to see the different permutations of this flavour profile.

Teeny Tiny TTB!!

Ahhh I got the box today and it’s such a teeny little box but ALL THE TEAS INSIDE WOW THERE’S SO MANY.
I wanna try them all but there’s a TON and I know I won’t be able to.
I’m weighing out my tea. Using the smallest teacup I have, just a wee gram of each tea just to taste it and I’m taking what I want, and replacing it with one of my own.

First tea out of the box that I tried was this! Sadly, a lot of the teas smell similar since it’s such a teeny little thing, so I couldn’t really smell this tea, but steeping it, it smells so much nicer than the spice that I was getting earlier. A nice, bright oolong, and it tastes great as well. Not too strong, not too weak. A lovely tea and one I’ll definitely keep for myself hehe :)

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 g 6 OZ / 177 ML