Sweet Cinnamon Spice

Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaHunter

• “Sipdown no. 96 of the year 2014. I way overbought, not knowing what I was getting into. Now it is gone. As See-Threepio would say, "Thank the Maker." ” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “*Meghann M* sent me a couple of bags of this about two days after I had picked up the box at the store, seriously considered it, and put it back. Thanks, Meghann! I'm very, very glad that I got...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “(backlogging this from last week)... My sister sent me this, and I finally got around to trying it. As a general rule, I do not get along with herbal teas and this one was tastier than most but...” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes
  • “My mum got this recently, so I snuck a bag. I'm not really sure where they think the tea is, but this is a pleasant enough group of spices. A bit weak for my taste, and easily drowned by sugar, but...” Read full tasting note
    tease 50 tasting notes

From Tazo

Tazo® Sweet Cinnamon Spice is made with sweet, warm tasting cinnamon from Southeast Asia, blended with creamy sarsaparilla root from India and South America and licorice root from Turkey. The result is a remarkably rich, sweet, and decadent brew that, amazingly, contains no caffeine.

Ingredients: Cinnamon bark, sarsaparilla root, licorice root, orange peel, roasted chicory root, natural flavors and star anise seed.

About Tazo View company

Sipdown no. 96 of the year 2014.

I way overbought, not knowing what I was getting into.

Now it is gone.

As See-Threepio would say, “Thank the Maker.”

Anna

You have been very brave.

__Morgana__

Or very foolish…. ;-)

TeaBrat

Oy, I had a box of this once and bequeathed it to my office!

Kirkoneill1988

i don’t really like Cinnamon tea :(

__Morgana__

TeaBrat, that sounds like the way to go.

Meghann M sent me a couple of bags of this about two days after I had picked up the box at the store, seriously considered it, and put it back. Thanks, Meghann!

I’m very, very glad that I got to try this first. It’s not for me. I’m not sure if it’s the licorice, or the sarsaparilla, or the anise. But there’s just something there that isn’t doing it for me. I’m not even sure I’ll finish this cup, let alone the pot.

Yeah, no. I’m making something else now.

(backlogging this from last week)…

My sister sent me this, and I finally got around to trying it. As a general rule, I do not get along with herbal teas and this one was tastier than most but still, I’m not a fan. I don’t like anise in teas and it was VERY strong in this blend. I can see a lot of people really enjoying this, because it does have a decent flavour, but even with the strong anise it’s still too “twiggy” (herbal) for me.

My mum got this recently, so I snuck a bag. I’m not really sure where they think the tea is, but this is a pleasant enough group of spices. A bit weak for my taste, and easily drowned by sugar, but still decent. I just don’t particularly love or hate it, so I haven’t got an opinion either way (which may be saying something in and of itself). Maybe I’ll try it with milk later; it was yummy with my cinnamon granola + yogurt parfait!

pinkShaya

I don’t bother taking the tea bag out, and it gets nice and spicy. But never gets bitter.

Received this from a friend—and to be honest, I don’t really like it. It has a really weird aftertaste.
I’d much rather have ‘Hot Cinnamon Sunset’ from Harney and Sons.

If you like cinnamon, you’ll be happy. My coworkers snitch it out of my teabag basket.

Flavors: Cinnamon

I honestly don’t know if I like this tea or not. I keep drinking it, however. I’m usually wary of cinnamon teas because they tend to coat the back of my throat with a sickly sweet taste. This one does that but I don’t find it so awful. The smell is incredible and it does leave me feeling particularly warm and cozy.

I’m leaving my rating marker in the middle. I like it because they mixed the spices together nicely so that not one is too overpowering. Anyone who has a thing for sarsparilla will enjoy this. I’ve tried a couple tea’s with sarsaparilla and they were undrinkable. Despite all that I’m just not a terribly big fan of it. I will drink it till it’s gone because cinnamon is good for you and it’s gross outside right now but I won’t buy this for myself. Mom you can keep the rest. Sorry.

This tea was not the best. It had a weird taste to it and the aftertaste was horrible. It is substantially better when you add milk to it but only because it drowns out the flavor. I do not recommend this.

Not my cup of tea. Not sure what it is…maybe the licorice root or the star anise? Normally I LOVE herbal teas and I love teas with cinnamon, but this tea isn’t doing it for me. I’ve tried it hot, I’ve had it iced, I’ve added sugar, I’ve tried it with various flavors of honey; still this tea does not live up to my expectations. Will not be buying this tea again.