Sweet Cinnamon Spice

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Sarsaparilla, Star Anise Bits
Sugar, Anise, Cinnamon, Dirt, Herbaceous, Spices, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by aromatic

From Tazo

Tazo® Sweet Cinnamon Spice is made with sweet, warm tasting cinnamon from Southeast Asia, blended with creamy sarsaparilla root from India and South America and licorice root from Turkey. The result is a remarkably rich, sweet, and decadent brew that, amazingly, contains no caffeine.

Ingredients: Cinnamon bark, sarsaparilla root, licorice root, orange peel, roasted chicory root, natural flavors and star anise seed.

About Tazo View company

Sipdown no. 96 of the year 2014.

I way overbought, not knowing what I was getting into.

Now it is gone.

As See-Threepio would say, “Thank the Maker.”

Anna

You have been very brave.

__Morgana__

Or very foolish…. ;-)

TeaBrat

Oy, I had a box of this once and bequeathed it to my office!

Kirkoneill1988

i don’t really like Cinnamon tea :(

__Morgana__

TeaBrat, that sounds like the way to go.

Meghann M sent me a couple of bags of this about two days after I had picked up the box at the store, seriously considered it, and put it back. Thanks, Meghann!

I’m very, very glad that I got to try this first. It’s not for me. I’m not sure if it’s the licorice, or the sarsaparilla, or the anise. But there’s just something there that isn’t doing it for me. I’m not even sure I’ll finish this cup, let alone the pot.

Yeah, no. I’m making something else now.

(backlogging this from last week)…

My sister sent me this, and I finally got around to trying it. As a general rule, I do not get along with herbal teas and this one was tastier than most but still, I’m not a fan. I don’t like anise in teas and it was VERY strong in this blend. I can see a lot of people really enjoying this, because it does have a decent flavour, but even with the strong anise it’s still too “twiggy” (herbal) for me.

My mum got this recently, so I snuck a bag. I’m not really sure where they think the tea is, but this is a pleasant enough group of spices. A bit weak for my taste, and easily drowned by sugar, but still decent. I just don’t particularly love or hate it, so I haven’t got an opinion either way (which may be saying something in and of itself). Maybe I’ll try it with milk later; it was yummy with my cinnamon granola + yogurt parfait!

pinkShaya

I don’t bother taking the tea bag out, and it gets nice and spicy. But never gets bitter.

Received this from a friend—and to be honest, I don’t really like it. It has a really weird aftertaste.
I’d much rather have ‘Hot Cinnamon Sunset’ from Harney and Sons.

Tazo, I want to like your tea. I really do. This smelled great. Tasted unsweetened the taste of sweet cinnamon didn’t hit once, except for a faint, teasing aftertaste. But I thought I liked the aftertaste.

So I laughed and thought, “Mrs. Tazo, you’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?” But I didn’t say that out loud because my family thinks I’m weird enough as it is.

Adding just a half-packet of monkfruit in this made it sweet. In fact, too sweet. I sort of thought I liked it for a while…until I got through half the cup, left it sitting there for a while, and realized that I really did not have any desire to finish this tea.

As someone previously mentioned, a better cinnamon tea is the Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney and Sons.

Flavors: Sugar

Why do I even keep bothering with Tazo? I guess in this case, it was free at work, so I grabbed a teabag.

It reminds me of Yogi teas. That same mushy, herbaceous, vaguely medicinal experience, you know? I even taste dirt! Yuck. I blame the star anise and licorice. What a tragic waste of perfectly good cinnamon.

Work has been totally miserable today. I hate having to work Sundays in general, but today has been its own hellish kind of crazy. At least it’s nearly over!

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Dirt, Herbaceous

too much cinnamon… I had to give this one away. Far too strong without any “sweet”

Flavors: Spices

As soon as I smelled this teabag, I knew I was in for something serious. The smell alone is worth the purchase honestly. I make the extra effort of nearly breathing in the teabag every time I brew this. It’s not so much spicy, but very flavorful and tasty. All the components work so well together!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

I’ve been waiting for the cooler months to hit before I broke this one out, but I have to admit that I broke down and brewed a steaming cup of this cinnamon-y goodness right in the middle of the 100+ degree heat. It was sooo tasty. Naturally sweet and full of fall-esque spices. Can’t wait to drink it guilt free :)