White Angel

Fruit Green White Blend
Apricot, Coconut, Cream, Honeysuckle, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev

• “This smells quite lovely as the pouch opens: creamy coconut is what I got, followed by something tropical and fruity. Yum! Smells more crisp and clean brewed, and less like a pina colada....” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “I guess I need to increase my rating a little bit because I had a cup of this one hot last night, and it was _significantly_ better than the cold brew I made a couple weeks ago. The two base teas...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1819 tasting notes
  • “i'm still not sure how i feel about this one. I've been sipping it...trying to collect my thoughts...sipping it some more..and now the cup is gone. I think the final verdict is that i quite like...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Mom is sipping down the White Guava Ginger right now too, so that makes this 128. This is so good, I'm really sad to see it go. I'm sure we won't be apart for long, though! This time I...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 414 tasting notes

From Tea Desire

Ingredients: Sencha, Pai Mu Tan, pineapple pieces, lemon grass, gingko leaves, yellow rose buds, coconut flakes, flavour.

About Tea Desire View company

Smells more crisp and clean brewed, and less like a pina colada. Drinking it however was where my eyes rolled back in my head… wow. I knew I had to sweeten it just a bit after the first sip, as it was a bit too delicate to taste much initially. A bit of Truvia though, and I’m in heaven.

I actually feel like I’m drinking a creamy, buttery, coconut booze concoction, with some hints of mango and… lemongrass… in the mix. It’s mostly a creamy coconut though, and I’m quite okay with that. LOVE the buttery feel minus any sort of oiliness. A new favorite.

MissB

Weird. Just looked at the ingredients, and there’s only pineapple in here. I get that too, although I swear I taste a touch of mango as well.

Fjellrev

I looove this one! I wish we had a TD in Victoria.

OMGsrsly

Incendiare, most of their stores are gone. If their website is actually up to date, they have stores in Nanimo, Abbotsford and Vernon now. And one opening in Edmonton…? http://www.teadesire.com/stores.php

Fjellrev

Yeah, it’s weird how they keep shutting down. Edmonton had a location open like back in 2008, it shut down after a couple years, then they opened another one in 2011, then it shut down again last year, and now they’re trying to open yet another in an even different location. It’s kind of sad.

OMGsrsly

I kept trying to buy things in the Metrotown store, but I’d go in and there wouldn’t be anyone there. I’d ring the bell, call “hello” into the back room… Just terrible. :/ But now it’s going to be a DavidsTea, so getting tea to go will be nice.

Fjellrev

Aww, that sucks. The staff in Edmonton were always great. Very down-to-earth and truly loves their jobs. It seems like they can’t afford the rent in these hot spots.

I guess I need to increase my rating a little bit because I had a cup of this one hot last night, and it was significantly better than the cold brew I made a couple weeks ago.

The two base teas were kind of present, but not in a bitter or grossly vegetal way. Instead, there was a full, but light and gentle creamy coconut/apricot flavour which is not something you would expect to see paired together but it was pretty good and it worked pretty well hot. Cold, this tasted really, really grassy to me and that really clashed with the coconut/apricot and pineapple (which is a taste I didn’t get from the hot cup, but which didn’t feel like it was missing either).

So yeah…

Kittenna

OH man. This sounds really tasty. Onto the shopping list it goes.

i’m still not sure how i feel about this one. I’ve been sipping it…trying to collect my thoughts…sipping it some more..and now the cup is gone. I think the final verdict is that i quite like this one, though it wouldn’t be something i’d restock myself. It’s a white tea….but it’s also creamy and delicious. it’s coconut…it’s not really pineapple, though as it cooled there was a bit of a fruity sort of taste.

it’s also a pretty tea with yellow rosebuds that are nice to look at, but thankfully, don’t turn this into a floral nightmare for me :) thanks my dear swedish chef! tasty!

Sipdown! Mom is sipping down the White Guava Ginger right now too, so that makes this 128. This is so good, I’m really sad to see it go. I’m sure we won’t be apart for long, though!

This time I got much more lemongrass, but it’s still delicious. It’s a little more savory and herbal (and lemony, of course), but there’s still that underlying creaminess that makes this tea so good. I’ll definitely pick this up once I’ve used up some tea!

1942 tasting notes

This was a surprise sample from MissB, but it sounds so interesting! I made it hot but I see that it also is great iced, which makes sense. Brewed up, it definitely smells creamy and fruity. Knowing that ther eis pineapple and coconut in it I can smell them, but if I didn’t know I would almost say custard.

Wow, this is super creamy! I probably overleafed it a bit, and there was definitely nothing delicate about this one. Coconutty (but in a very different way than a coconut pouchong), with a smooth texture and bright tropical fruitiness in the latter part of the sip. The green and white teas keep it light and bright. Quite nice, thanks for the sample MissB!

Yvonne

Sounds lovely!

Roswell Strange

I have a couple cups of this cold brewed right now. Didn’t really enjoy it that way :/ But now that another person has reviewed it hot and liked it I wanna try it that way sooner rather than later. Maybe I’m in the minority…

Last tea of the night, and it’s another one from the lovely MissB (looks like I’m not the only one who got their package from her today).

Considering how careless I was in preparing, in that I forgot how long I let the water cool and then also forgetting to set a timer and steeping this for much longer than necessary, it still managed to be drinkable. That said, I do not believe I’m getting the flavours quite right. I can’t really taste much but maybe coconut and possibly a little pineapple juiciness.

Definitely deserves a better chance with better steeping parameters, but still surprisingly good, all things considered.

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, this one is awesome.

Amariel

I can see it as as great cold steep too.

MissB

I just restocked this, I absolutely adore it! I hope there’s enough to get the steeping parameters right so that you can enjoy it’s amazingness.

It’s nice to have this one back in my life. I’m sipping on this hot, but am oh so tempted to cold steep a jug later. I’m picking up on mostly pineapple and coconut. And I like that the base is mild.

Yikes, time flies. All work and no play makes Swedish Chef a dull Börk.

Thank you MissB for sending me this sample! And she left a little note on it as well! Her favourite white. Well it does smell lovely so I’m excited to end my night with this tea :)

Mmmm this smells so good! More sweet like caramel and toffee :) I can’t quite put my finger on the exact flavour though. It’s like toffee, but has the brightness of mint (like the feeling in the mouth, not the actual flavour of mint. Does that even make sense?). Bonny, I see why this is your favourite white! It’s so nice and smooth and bright. I’m reading other notes on this and there’s coconut!? Ahh this is a great tea, and I don’t really taste the coconut, which is great because coconut isn’t really my favoutite flavour. But dude. THIS TEA IS GOOD.
I’m getting different tastes than other people. I usually underleaf my teas. Like usually it’s 3g to 8oz, but I found for my tastes, that is a bit too much for me, so it’s 2g for 8oz and it works perfect for this tea! This ratio may be underleafing for others, but it’s the perfect amount for me :)

((shout out to Flo [aka awoogah on here] for finally making a steepster account because I’ve been telling her all these stories about steepster ahha))

165 °F / 73 °C 3 min, 30 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

thanks for another sample, Miss B! This blend sounds as heavenly as the name. Green & white tea, pineapple, and lovely tiny yellow roses! The taste is nice, though the first steep seemed like it could have more flavor.. probably the fault of the temp and the steep time. But the white & green tea makes a unique yet mild enough base for the creamy flavor with the pineapple. I can’t really taste roses, but they sure look lovely. The second steep had more pineapple! Very nice.
Steep #1// 30 min after boiling // 2 min
Steep #2 // 25 min after boiling // 3 min

I am having this again because Roswell Strange has been kind enough to offer to grab me some when she goes to get me Buddha Bamboo. However, although I am enjoying it quite a bit, I don’t know if I am quite prepared to commit to a large quantity of it. It combines apricot and coconut beautifully in a delectably creamy cup. However, I just don’t reach for white teas too quickly and I feel it might get lost in my large cupboard. Perhaps when I get down to a reasonable amount of tea…

Roswell Strange

I can hold out on sending some to you/buying you some. You might be moving soon, but I’m not going anywhere so this can be picked up for you at any time if you change your mind. :) Plus, I think it might be permanent to my cupboard – so samples can always be passed as swap add ins.

VariaTEA

Thank you for the offer. I just don’t know if I would want a lot of it or not. Buddha Bamboo, on the other hand, I would be happy to be swimming in :P

VariaTEA

I wouldn’t turn down the occasional sample though :)