Genmaicha - Obubu

Edit tea info Last updated by Elyse Petersen

From Tealet

Grower: Naturalitea
Region: Shizuoka, Japan

Utilizing Japan-grown rice and spring first flush tea leaves harvested in mid-May, this genmaicha (brown rice tea) is a small luxury from Shizuoka. The delicious, nutty aroma of the toasted brown rice fills the air as it brews, and the taste of the tea is clean and refreshing. This tea is also rich in vitamin B1, and should be steeped with boiling water.

Buy This Tea Now —> https://www.tealet.com/obubu-tea-plantations/genmaicha

About Tealet View company

I’m increasing my B Vitamins – or at least making sure I am paying more attention to them and this is a good source for B1 so that’s awesome!

Anyhow…upon opening the package I was assuming it would have a strong popped rice/corn aroma paired with a nutty and green flavor combo but this one isn’t much for scent – dry.

Once you add the boiling or near-boiling water the aroma clicks on! It’s more green smelling than nutty or popped corn/rice but it’s lovely regardless!

It’s smooth with sweet,nutty, green, and slightly roasted rice and green veggies, as well as that popped rice/corn flavor you would expect but it’s not as harsh or involved as some tend to be. I like that – with this specific offering, that is.

It’s refreshing, in a way!

It makes me crave more.

This is really brilliantly fantastic! The more I sip the more I crave!

Azzrian

Probably your body telling you that you need that Vit B!!! Maybe you should keep the rest and drink it down instead of sending to me!

Backlog:

A really beautiful, delicious Genmaicha. It is pleasant and light, but with a really cozy toasty quality that I found very welcoming on a cold evening. Notes of a popcorn-like taste. Tasty!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/02/05/genmaicha-green-tea-from-tealet/