Cha Yen Thai Black Tea

Black Rooibos Blend
Almond, Caramel, Cardamon, Coconut, Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Danielle

From Teavana

This is Teavana’s interpretation of the popular Thai iced tea blend famous throughout the world. It is a rich combination of Assam black tea and Rooibos tea blended with star-anise, almonds and a bevy of traditional Thai spices. Recommended that you brew it strong for a cup that can be served over ice or combined with milk (or condensed milk) for a flavorful treat. Contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

This is a nice, warm tea with the right combination of spices and coconut. I have only tried it hot – I don’t think it would be very good iced.

Another cup from the stash my boss sent me. I don’t normally put milk or sugar in my tea, but I can see where this one might benefit from a splash of milk and a wee bit of sugar. The coconut flavor is stronger than other coconut teas I’ve tried, and there’s a hint of almond and vanilla behind it, with a little bit of spice.

Flavors: Almond, Caramel, Cardamon, Coconut, Cream, Vanilla

I continue to really like this tea. I treat it as my dessert. I made this tonight the same way I make my marsala chi. 2 tsp tea, 2 tsp sugar, 10 oz water and 2 oz milk. I have never been able to describe the taste of this tea. It to me taste nothing like thai tea, but I love it.

So many people like these Teavana blends, but I find them to be a little weak. It’s almost as if they’re trying to do too much at one time. Nutty! Smokey! Spicy! Blah. I found this mix to be underwhelming. Not bad, just not memorable at all. I admit it could be because I was looking for something that could hold its own when mixed with milk and sugar like, well… Thai tea.

Not liking this as much as Teavana’s original Thai Tea blend. This is much spicier and less nutty. It is still an excellent tea, but personally I don’t like it as much with the milk and suger and ice that makes a “thai tea”. I add Honeybush Hazelnut to it to round out the nutty flavors when I want it cold. Hot, it is a very calm chai. It’s spiced, not spicy.