Nonpareil Anxi Yun Xiang TieGuanYin Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I ordered a sample of this tea with my latest Teavivre order mainly to get to the free shipping threshold, and because it's one of their newer TGYs that I haven't tried yet. It looked like a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1946 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Huqiu (虎丘), Anxi in Fujian Province.

Ingredients: tight and thick particles

Harvest time: October 12, 2013

Taste: smooth and full taste, with a rich roasting aroma and a slight sense of orchid flower. The sweet aftertaste and aroma lasts long in your mouth.

Health Benefits: Tie Guan Yin tea is the premium form of Chinese Oolong teas. Being lightly fermented, these teas are high amino acids, vitamins, polyphenols and antioxidants. These combine into a tea that reduces cholesterol and helps reduce hardening of the arteries, and so can help reduce risks of heart attacks. The antioxidants it contains can also help guard against some forms of cancer, and also help fight the affects of aging and bacterial infections.

About Teavivre View company

1 Tasting Note

1946 tasting notes

I ordered a sample of this tea with my latest Teavivre order mainly to get to the free shipping threshold, and because it’s one of their newer TGYs that I haven’t tried yet. It looked like a traditional-style TGY, and I’m interested in trying more and more of those.

A western style steep of this one on this cold morning. Wow, these leaves are super dark, and the tea brewed up dark as well. It’s dark enough to look like a black tea. It smells roasty and charcoal-y. This is most definitely a charcoal-roasted TGY, and while I am definitely getting more in to traditional, lightly-roasted TGY, charcoal roasted is pretty much roasting a bit too far for me, haha. It is smooth, with light vegetal notes and roasty notes. If you enjoy charcoal-roasted oolong, I would definitely suggest checking this one out.