Warmth – Cinnamon Spice

Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rooibos
Cinnamon
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Susan

From Tetley

A comforting, aromatic infusion of cinnamon, orange blossom and sweet licorice with warm, spicy hints of cardamom and clove.

About Tetley View company

I am not a huge rooibos fan, but my mom gave me a little cardboard tin of this a long time ago and I actually didn’t mind it. I keep it on hand for when I want a quick bag of tea. It is definitely “warming”.

Well somehow I ended up with several cans of this tea. So I am trying to get rid of some of it. I even gave a few cans to a relative and still have a few left.

I would normally brew this tea quite weak, one bag for a 16 oz mug for 1 minute. But with the latest can I opened (I don’t know if it is a newer or an older can), the bags seem to not have as much tea. I also need to brew two bags vs the one I used to do.

I feel like Tetley is ripping me off…hmmm… Maybe it will be easier to sip it down. Anyway, it is a basic rooibos, sweet, with some cinnamon flavour. Sweet cinnamon, not spicey. It works.

Courtney

I love when I find rooibos teas I can enjoy, because I’m not a fan of the medicinal taste.

Lala

I agree, I hate medicinal rooibos. I find this one is not too bad if you keep the steep time low.

Courtney

I’ve discovered certain flavours seem to drown out/work with rooibos better. Orange is definitely one. Perhaps cinnamon too.

Its funny, I tried this at my in-laws, and assumed it would be pretty mediocre. Was I ever surprised when this turned out to be the best rooibos I have ever tasted and by far one of the smoothest cinnamon blends. You can taste the little notes of anise and cloves as well, it just feels like you glow when you have a big mug of this in hand. My favorite way to enjoy the coppery liquor is to blend in some dark honey that adds sweetness but also another layer of richness – my husband also likes this one with a little dollop of dulce de leche for a dessert drink with a slug of brandy in it. Devine.

I do enjoy this tea quite a bit, it’s one of the best bagged teas out there in my mind. I enjoy the nice warm cinnamon-y taste that as the label suggests warms me right up.

Seriously one of my favourite decaf blends. Love the spices, and the orange adds a nice flavour.

I have no idea how old this is. I wanted tea, but it’s late and I want to actually SLEEP tonight, so I dug through my mother’s freezer (she keeps all her opened and unopened teas in there, tsk tsk) and came across this. The little jar was open, and half of the bags were littered around the freezer, but I thought “why not”.

First off, as soon as I picked up the container I could smell the cinnamon. WOW cinnamon. And it’s not just the smell—cinnamon dust coats my fingers and everything else.

Brewed, sixish minutes I think. Dear god the cinnamon. I took one sniff and thought, “crap I nevermind, I don’t want cinnamon tonight”, but I can’t bring myself to dump it…

Initial sip, tastes… like water, and maybe slightly woody? Nothing else—every time, the cinnamon doesn’t kick in until it slides down the back of your throat, and then it’s quite strong (and trails into the aftertaste for a bit). I think I can taste cloves in there too. Surprisingly, I’m tasting no orange… Perhaps it’s been ruined by the freezer. Oh wait—I think I can smell a bit of orange if I exhale, but not taste it…

Not as strong as it smells, luckily. I’m sure it would taste better if it hadn’t been lying around open in the freezer. It’s not bad. I don’t know if I should give a rating on this because of the condition I found the bags in. Everyone else seems to have liked it, and I don’t DISlike it.

I was surprised at how much I enjoy this. I get two steeps out of the bag. It does what it sets out to do and has a natural sweetness. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Surprisingly satisfying for a bagged tea. So delicious and soothing, the cinnamon stands out.

I wasn’t aware this was a roobois until I saw the other reviews. It makes sense though, this is possibly my favorite tea. I love the warmth, the slight spicy aftertaste and the smell is just heavenly. A regular tea I pick up when I go to the store. Always grab a can of this. Great for a cold day and you need to…feel warm again. :3

Flavors: Cinnamon

My boyfriend’s roommate got a few samples of this tea and left it in the cupboard for the house. I was kind of skeptical about Tetley’s teas, since I didn’t like them a few years back. Surprising, this herbal tea is absolutely great. A good combination and the smell is kind of like chai tea.

This sample is really getting me interested in trying the other herbal teas from Tetley!

I adore and love this tea…in fact; I have stopped drinking coffee altogether and am dieting. I am also drinking the various Green Tea’s and between those and the Cinnamon Spice, I am actually losing weight too! :) I have this tea with no sugar, and no milk. I love just as it is…nice and hot..it actually soothes my nerves, and when my tummy is acting up, it helps there too! Keep up the good work Tetley!