Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Eric Walter

From The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

A warming tea for cool winter nights. Served by itself or softened with steamed milk, our naturally sweet blend of South African rooibos and black tea is perfectly spiced to ease the chill of these long winter nights.

About The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf View company

I went to go see an odd surrealist film tonight called “Alice” by Jan Svankmajer which is loosely based on the ALice in Wonderland book. It was complete with creepy dolls, stuffed animals, playing cards and skeletons. This is what pseudo intellectuals do for fun in San Francisco :P

Anyway after the film we went to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and I decided to try this. Its a mix of black tea and rooibos, and it has lots of spices including cinnamon and clove and maybe some nutmeg? It was very spicy and a bit too much for me… not sure I would get this again but I can see how it would be nice for cold weather. A little simple syrup made this more palatable.

Nik

I haven’t yet found a tea that’s too spicy for my tastes, so this sounds intriguing. Was it the combination of spices that was a bit overwhelming, or was it a particular one? If they all worked together, that might be cool, but I get irritated when cinnamon tries to take over the whole show.

TeaBrat

perhaps the combination of spices but there was a lot of cinnamon for sure. Sorry if that isn’t too clear, lol

Nik

No worries, I’ll just try it for myself. Thank you! =)

This is really strong. As other reviewers have said the cinnamon is a little overpowering. But when I made it as a latte it was a lot better. The milk tames down the intensity a little bit. I love the smell of it. It definitely smells like winter. This was given as a gift to me for Christmas, so not something I would buy again but still tasty.

This tea is just amazing! I ordered it online and I’m glad that I did. It is a strong blend so I find that it’s delicious with the little bit of sugar and cream.

Just had a cup of this while powering through my paper corrections. It’s just like Christmas in a cup! Hands-down the best mood enhancer -

While the flavor of this blend is bold and daring, the holiday spirit kicks you in the face with a bit to much cinnamon. First tried in a latte form, which was great for the chilly evening stroll I was on, but became overwhelming after half a cup. Second tried straight. Still to much cinnamon. Sorry guys, maybe next year. :-/

I found this tea to be unexpectedly sweet, with flavors contrary to what you might normally have in a winter themed tea (e.g. no Chai). Personally, I didn’t find the spices overpowering. Each spice complimented the other well. If anything, the tea is a little too sweet. Reminds me of a potpourri.

I would not recommend adding milk product to this tea; The spice blend is enough by itself.

3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

I’m absolutely in LOVE with this tea. I purchased a tin online and I can’t get over how fabulous it is!! I love the bite of spice and aroma is Heavenly. I add sugar and a bit of cream to cut down the sometimes bitterness. I wouldn’t want to steep for too long as it tends to be a bit bitter if you do. I’m almost done with one tin and I purchased a second tin!! Yum!!

This tea is amazing. It is truly Christmas in a cup. The spices can be warmed down by adding simply milk and sugar. Grab a blanket and cozy on up by the fireplace.

The store made version latte:The immediate smell conjures up a crackling fireplace, cozy blanket and Christmastime. The taste is at first applealing, but as you drink it more, the spices seem to take over. Sipping it sparingly becomes necessary not to have the clove take charge and be overwhelming. There may be just a hair too much cinnamon as well, but clove really stands out a bit much. For the home version, I will steep 15 sec less to see what that yields.