Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I got a cup of this at Panera this afternoon with lunch since I was cold and tired from birding in the morning. Today is a pretty nice day relatively, but I wish it was like tomorrow is going to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2182 tasting notes
  • “Like Dinosara, I picked this up at Panera with my chicken caesar salad for lunch. Salads are cold, and I wanted something warm to go with it. So this seemed to be a safe choice. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 611 tasting notes
  • “An absolute screamer day at work (clock ticking, school starts, post-tornado, in less … than … one … week … and … everything’s … an … emergency) so...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1862 tasting notes
  • “Maybe the bag was old. I could not taste the Ceylon. The mango is pleasant. There just isn’t enough tea in the bag to make a real cup. That’s a shame as this isn’t bad and it...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1581 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Metabolic Frolic Tea – This favored tea is light, sweet & intoxicatingly fragrant. Mango & sunflower blossoms are blended with superior Ceylon tea leaves to produce an uplifting cup. Wonderful served over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell:
AmazonV: fruity, mango
MilitiaJim: vaguely tropical, hint of mango
Steeped Tea Smell:
AmazonV: Mango, black tea
MilitiaJim: Does AmazonV know what a mango smells /tastes like?
AmazonV: I peel your mangoes!
MilitiaJim: generic fruit
AmazonV: Mango snob
AmazonV: Mango, black tea
MilitiaJim: slight fruit and black tea
Body: Medium
AmazonV: bitter
MilitiaJim: none
Liquor: deep dark brown

Republic of tea sample (included in catalog they send)

Neither of us got the sunflower flavor.

Post-Steep Additives: 1/2 tsp white sugar, got rid of the bitter for me, he didn’t notice anything

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/republic-of-tea-teabag-black-tea-mango.html

this was a nice fruity cup. a good free sample :) dont think i will be purchasing it but it was a nice cuppa with dinner :D

it had a nice rich amber color and smelled like mango. the flavor was light and the Ceylon was smooth.

Finally, a mild black tea! Light and fruity, just the way I like my tea. I might like one more flavor to add to it, but I’m not sure yet. Honey might be overkill…

Had this at Panera this afternoon with a little bit of honey. It was quite good.

This cup has a robust mango flavor and a beautiful body. Very very drinkable. 50 bags of this will be gone in a few days, in my house. Of course the loose-leaf version is even better. A very light black tea that calls to you at night and at breakfast. I love a tea that transports you to a happy sunny island, and does this ever. I always pay attention when my non-tea-drinking guests like a cup, and they like this one.

200 °F / 93 °C

I used 2 bags with 8 oz and loved the results, very mild and slightly fruity. I wouldn’t have known it was mango if the tin didn’t spell it out for me! I actually left the bags during the half hour it took me to finish the cup and the flavor didn’t get out of hand. It’s perfect for when I can’t decide what kind of tea I’m in the mood for. Already went through 6 bags this evening! I will be purchasing this again.

Obtained in a (non steepster) tea swap. This is a loose tea, not the bagged tea pictured.

I think the recommended 5 minute steep time is too long, it was bitter. I didn’t taste any mango, just bitter black tea. I’m going to try again later with a shorter steep time and see how that does.

Fantastic! What I really like about this black is that it’s sufficiently mild and subtle in flavor. Most black teas seem to love being bold and full, and while sometimes that’s awesome, I really appreciate the art of nuances and medium body blacks. The color: a lovely deep orange really compliments the hints of mango which seem to dance with a floral aroma. Great for a breakfast tea.

Definitely good, as I’d expect from Republic of Tea. Fruity and sweet without being cloying. It’s no Blackberry Sage, but if I needed a fruity black tea, I wouldn’t say no to this one.

Solid, yet mellow flavour.
This tea serves well this afternoon as I sit, sip and finish my correcting. I let this one steep a little too long but it’s not overpowering.