Blueberry Bundt

Rooibos Tea
Blueberry, Pastries, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla, Cake, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

• “Republic of Tea makes some awesome products, like Plantain Coconut Green Rooibos, Mango Chili Green Roooibos, and Pomegranate Green Tea. I get their sample bags in the mail and some have been...” Read full tasting note
    Exidy 74 tasting notes
  • “I'm surprised by how much I liked this tea! Rooibos tends to be very hit and miss for me, but this one turned out to be a hit. While steeping it, my kitchen smelled like I was baking blueberry...” Read full tasting note
    Inkling 140 tasting notes
  • “Why didn't I love this? I was supposed to love this!!!?!???!?!? It was the rooibos, I think. Maybe I steeped it too long? It smelled like blueberry cake when the water first hit it, but within the...” Read full tasting note
    thecookielady 154 tasting notes
  • “Okay...first off..WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON YOU GUYS!?!?! Literally have seen like 8 different people reviewing WP's North Winds today-like did I not get the memo that it was official North Winds...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 478 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Wake up to the wonderful, cozy smell of warm Bundt cake filled with ripe, sweet blueberries. Our healthy herbal rooibos (ROY-boss) tea has the light, comforting taste of homemade dessert without the calories. This caffeine-free tea is nice either served hot with a splash of milk or cooled over a tall glass of ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Republic of Tea makes some awesome products, like Plantain Coconut Green Rooibos, Mango Chili Green Roooibos, and Pomegranate Green Tea. I get their sample bags in the mail and some have been stellar like the Pumpkin Chai sample that comes at the beginning of fall. So, when I saw this new line of teas from them I jumped on it. I got the Lemon Chiffon and Blueberry Bundt since both are caffeine free. The Lemon Chiffon was clearly the better of the two.

This is a rooibos, so I use boiling water and let it steep upwards of 10 minutes. The first disappointing thing is that it really doesn’t taste anything like blueberry for me. There is a slightly cakey taste that leaves an unpleasant aftertaste. There is a woodiness from the rooibos, but it is mainly overpowered by some other taste I can’t really place. All in all, it was drinkable. I am just about finished with the whole tin, but I wouldn’t buy it again.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m surprised by how much I liked this tea! Rooibos tends to be very hit and miss for me, but this one turned out to be a hit. While steeping it, my kitchen smelled like I was baking blueberry muffins. The first few sips had a lot of woody rooibos and I was ready to write it off as no good. But as it cooled, the blueberry flavor started to pop and the base retreated to the background and suddenly it was tasting almost as good as it smelled: a great combination juicy blueberry and sweet pastry flavors. Thank you to The Cookie Lady for the sample!

Flavors: Blueberry, Pastries

Why didn’t I love this? I was supposed to love this!!!?!???!?!?

It was the rooibos, I think. Maybe I steeped it too long? It smelled like blueberry cake when the water first hit it, but within the couple of minutes it was steeping it began to get that sort of medicinal smell. Perhaps that influenced my impression of that taste, as well. It just tasted like weak blueberry cough drops or something like that. I didn’t even finish the cup. It’s just not for me :(

Ost

Aww bummer you didn’t like this! :(

The Cookie Lady

You wouldn’t be interested in swapping a variety of your Capital Teas Ltd for a large amount of this, would you?

Ost

Haha if you’re looking for a home for it then I’ll definitely take it! And I can totally send you samples of all those teas!! More than willing! :D

Okay…first off..WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON YOU GUYS!?!?!
Literally have seen like 8 different people reviewing WP’s North Winds today-like did I not get the memo that it was official North Winds day? Or like is this a trippy twilight zone moment? I’m so confused…
Was this planned even? This just is weird….
Anyway. XD
Haven’t been able to drink much tea today because I had a nerve block shot at UCLA, so was out most of the day. By the time I got home, I felt so horrible that all I wanted was a rooibos tea, and this one seemed perfect.
Last time I oversteeped this one, but this time it was spot on! So happy to have this one in my stash finally! Definitely a keeper!:D

Christina

I’m not sure what a nerve block shot is, but it sounds unpleasant. I’m glad that this tea was waiting for you when you got home!

yeah i saw that last night…it made me laugh

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hahaha, I realized that the old version of NW was so much different from the new version, so I made a new page for it and asked people to migrate their reviews over. Also you’re in the twilight zone. Don’t be afraid, you are safe.

Ost

Okay, okay, glad I’m not just going crazy-that was really weirding me out haha!

Lindsay

“Also you’re in the twilight zone. Don’t be afraid, you are safe.”
That makes me smile every time I see it. :)

I should note beforehand that I traditionally use my Keurig to heat my water for tea, so YMMV depending on temperature.

I found a container of Blueberry Bundt at Whole Foods for 50% off, and as someone who loves blueberry tea, I had to try it out. The scent isn’t much, but once I started to drink the tea, I was in love.

The flavor is a sweet, natural blueberry with this amazing cakey flavor that isn’t necessarily vanilla, but tastes “baked”. It’s an excellent dessert tea, especially on a warm night.

Flavors: Blueberry, Cake, Caramel

I found this on sale recently at World Market – 50% off for RoT? Um, hell yes.

I always find the rooibos is naturally sweet—but in a weird, rooty sort of way. When I read the ingrendients (which are short and underwhelming), I expected to be kind of disappointed, but who cares, it’s 50% off.

Boy was I wrong. While the flavor is definitely not complex, it is very robust. The blueberry flavor is intense. VERY intense—and blueberries are freaking delicious. It doesn’t taste artificial either, which is quite nice. Usually, I find that flavored sweet rooibos teas are overwhelming, but this one sits right on the edge — any more sweetness, and it would be ridiculous.

The smell is very pleasant — it definitely smells how you’d expect a fragrant blueberry cake to smell up close. Overall, the tea is very pleasant in short, small doses.