Night of the Iguana Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

From The Tea Table

If you like chai, you’ve got to try Night of the Iguana Chocolate Chai! Named after the last major box office success for Tennessee Williams, the distinguished American playwright – and a noted tea lover! The play features a captive iguana tied up to the edge of a veranda while a cast of characters discuss their complicated lives. As opposed to the plot of the play, however, Night of the Iguana Chocolate Chai tea is delightfully complex. This blend uses spices from the Malabar coast of India which provide a nice balance without being too spicy, and a touch of chocolate for mystery. Contains: a full-bodied Assam black tea base with white chocolate (dairy), ginger, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and natural flavors. Be sure to turn your container of chai upside-down a few times as the powdered spices can settle at the bottom of a bag during transit, or over time on a shelf. Use one teaspoon per cup and steep 3-5 minutes in freshly boiled water. Add milk and sugar for a richer treat.

About The Tea Table View company

I’m desperately trying to taste this tea, but my allergies are getting in the way! Every once in a while I get a little hint of flavor and aroma and it seems like a yummy tea but I won’t be able to properly rate this until I can breathe!

BigFatFaTEA

I finally was able to taste the tea this morning, and I think it tastes ok, but I was looking for a strong flavor of either chocolate or chai and neither one really comes out. I wouldn’t turn down a cup of this tea because it does taste good, but the name just doesn’t seem to fit the flavor.

I brewed this regular strength for 4.5 min as per the instructions, and it was a bit on the weak side for me, but still good. Next time, I’ll brew double strength. And this is pretty inexpensive, so you can afford to. I added milk and turbinado sugar.

This is a pretty mellow chocolate tea without a big punch of spice or strong black tea flavor. I love the mini white chocolate chips. Dry leaves smell divine. There’s a slight astringency to it, but it’s not really noticeable it unless you’re looking for it.

I prefer Adagio’s Chocolate Chai, as it’s a bit more spicy, but this is a good substitute.

I have a bag of this but it has no brewing at ructions of any kind..any help would be appreciated.

katgolik

Instructions I mean

I think this is the same Night of the Iguana Chocolate chai that I am currently drinking. I ordered it from Bonjour Gourmet but it has the same description.

It’s a decent chocolate chai. The different between cocoa and tea is that tea is NOT cocoa, but it has a chocolate taste. When I brewed a cup I made sure to leave plenty of room for milk and let it brew at least 5 minutes so it would be nice and strong. I added a little sugar because chocolate needs sugar. It’s not very spicy for a chai, maybe i need to shake the pouch upside down some more so the spices can get mixed up more.

I don’t know if I would buy this tea again, ETS chocolate mint has a more chocolatey taste, but I don’t feel like I wasted money on this tea either.

I resteeped the leaves and it still has a hint of chocolate.

Tasty and unique like all of the Tea Table’s teas, however I think I personally was hoping for a bit more spiciness in the tea.

Not an expert on Chai, but this is one of the better ones I have tried. Neither the chocolate nor the spices are overwhelming, but it creates a complicated mix. I will buy it again. I like to take a travel mug of tea with me to work in the mornings, and some tea just don’t survive being the mug (I think it’s the lack of oxygen). This one survives just fine and still tastes good an hour later.