Passion Berry Jolt

Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Tiesta Tea

Throw a jolt of passion in your day! With a unified blend of Assam black tea, cornflowers, marigolds, and passion fruit flavoring, this fruity Energizer is sure to keep you locked, loaded, and ready to go. Tastes great iced!

About Tiesta Tea View company

Backlog:

I really liked this one from Tiesta Tea. A lovely fruity tone, but, not so fruity that it overpowers the bold Assam tea. Very flavorful. The fruit notes do not taste fake or artificial. A very fun tea, one of my favorites from Tiesta thus far.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/04/05/passion-berry-jolt-black-tea-blend-from-tiesta-tea/

Thanks for a bit of this Liberteas. This was pretty good! Passionfruit, Berry, and tang! It’s a little bit puckery-tart but pretty good! I’m betting it would be even better iced! :)

Found this tea at my local Waldbaums. I was so shocked that they were now selling loose leaf teas alongside their selection of teabags that I had to pick a couple up.It is a fairly tasty tea that I think will be great iced. There is a nice sweetness from the raspberries and virtually no bitterness or astringency. Even though it has no artificial ingredients it has just a little bit of an artificial taste, but just barely. It is still good for a tea purchased in a supermarket.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Glass Perfect Tea Maker/gravity steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Raspberry

I went through Target’s tea aisle last night, and noticed this. Decided to try it. The fruit taste is noticeable, pretty tasty. I don’t really notice a “jolt” of energy any more than any other tea. Oh, marketing :) I never notice any “jolts” with any “energy” drinks though, with the exception of matcha.

Dear Veronica,

The next time you get a fruity tea craving at ten o’clock at night please refrain from drinking a tea with the word ‘jolt’ in its name and the word ‘energizer’ printed in large block letters on the bag (even if that tea is in fact very tasty and full of passion fruit and raspberry notes). While the tea might be delicious, being wide awake at three in the morning is not. Of course, being awake at that hour does give you lots of time to reflect on some of the less than brilliant decisions you’ve made in your life. For example, drinking a tea called Passion Berry JOLT right before bed….

XOXO,
Me

Nicole

Great tasting note. :)

This is a tea Nicole_Martin shared with me at a Steepster meet-up almost a year ago. The NYC meet-ups seem to have died off, but they were nice while they lasted! Anyway, I’ve had it a few times between then and now but have never gotten around to logging it. It’s a little bit sweet and generically fruity—I do get berries, in an indistinct sort of way, but I certainly couldn’t pick out anything that especially struck me a passion fruit, which is too bad since passion fruit is a favorite of mine. The fruit flavors don’t have that artificial candy taste to them; I’ll give it that. The base tea is definitely the dominant flavor here, which seems unusual with these sorts of fruity teas. I’m a bit surprised to see that it’s an Assam; I’d assumed Ceylon before checking the reviews. It’s brisk, and it almost strikes me as vaguely smoky (although I think that may just be me misinterpreting the interplay between the base and fruit flavors). I’ve tried it both hot and iced (cold-steeped), and I like it much better iced. All in all, a pleasant tea but not one I’d buy, since there are plenty of similar teas I like better.

I got a travel mug with a built-in infuser. Because screw not being able to enjoy my teas because of my busy schedule and harrowing commute (a problem that will soon be remedied once I move into my first apartment! Ahhhh so excited!!!!)

I’d forgotten how good loose black tea tastes. This one has strong raspberry and pomegranate notes, and the base is earthy and burnt tasting. It’s very nice, and it kept my eyes open while I was hanging out with my man tonight at his house. (Raiding of his tea stash was deemed totally necessary.)

Gotta get me some of this for my own collection! Or maybe I’ll just keep stealing his…

mj

Your man has a tea stash? Color me impressed!

teaqueen

I got him into tea :D a point of pride