Rose Garden

Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Mac

• “Steepster ate my review! Quick version - thank you *ashmanra*. A nicely balanced cup that despite my fear of rose tea, I actually found myself enjoying this one. Another solid offering from Twinings.” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1418 tasting notes
  • “My daughter's boyfriend is visiting from Ireland, and he brought presents of TEA! There are so many kinds of Twinings tea that we don't have here in our town and possibly not even in the US. This...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1879 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from the lovely *Ashmanra* I think I was besotted from the first moment I tore open its little packet. I realized that this is the first Rose tea I have ever tasted (I have had...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “Normally this one works very well for me but I think cold-steeping it might have been a bad decision - black tea doesn't seem to take too kindly to being drunk iced with no sugar, for me, and this...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes

From Twinings

From English country gardens to ancient Turkish palaces, there’s nothing like the romance and style of a rose. We think the taste and aroma are special, too.

That’s why we’ve blended the elegant fragrance of rose with a light, refreshing black tea. Make a cup, take a moment and prepare to be wooed. We’ve only made a limited number of Rose Garden, so try it soon, before it’s gone!

About Twinings View company

Steepster ate my review! Quick version – thank you ashmanra. A nicely balanced cup that despite my fear of rose tea, I actually found myself enjoying this one. Another solid offering from Twinings.

My daughter’s boyfriend is visiting from Ireland, and he brought presents of TEA! There are so many kinds of Twinings tea that we don’t have here in our town and possibly not even in the US. This one is new to me.

Opening the outer pouch I give it a good sniff and I am met with the scent of tea, followed by a nice peppery rose aroma. That is a good start, as I have had rose tea that knocked me over and took my lunch money, and destroyed the taste of the tea in the process.

The tea brews up as a medium dark brew, not as dark as Orange Bliss was the other day. The sip is smooth and gentle. There is no need to tame this with milk unless you just enjoy adding it. Ad it is sweet enough for me without sugar, but I bet it is very good with sugar, too, as the rose flavor is naturally sweet and would probably grow more so.

The rose flavor is very well balanced here, strong enough to taste without hunting for it, but not overpowering or perfume-y. Twinings is a very consistent tea company that really doesn’t disappoint.

gmathis

Keep this kid :)

fleurdelily

boyfriend has my vote too :)

ashmanra

Irish accent and brings me tea? Of course he’s a keeper!

Another sample from the lovely Ashmanra
I think I was besotted from the first moment I tore open its little packet.
I realized that this is the first Rose tea I have ever tasted (I have had floral teas with rose in them but never just a Rose and Black tea)
I love the name Rose Garden, for that is exactly what it smells like, a whole garden full of those pink English Roses.
As I was sipping this, I literally caught myself with my pinky raised, HA!
But, it just feels like that kind of tea.
Taste is sweet, lightly floral and very proper.
If you don’t like roses, do not even try this tea.
But, for me, I am thinking a Rose Tea is needed for my permanent collection.
As I was sipping this tea, I was looking through Pinterest and bumped into this, which made the whole Rose experience even more British:
(beware: Only those who love the Doctor might get this;)

ashmanra

I love the Doctor! Ad I am glad you liked this tea! If you liked this one, it is very much like Rose Scented from Harney and Sons. If you want a really rosy tea with a little more heft to the base, try Upton Rose Congou. Or just keep getting this one! :)

Hesper June

Well, I just ordered some Upton Rose Congou. I am glad to hear it is a good one:)
I might have to try H&S’s sometime too.
I was not able to find this one online anywhere. Is it another one you get from your SIL or how do you get it?

gmathis

I liked the Rose Congou a lot, and I’m a little picky about how much floral I let filter into my cup. Ashmanra’s right; it has a punch behind the elegance. (Like Violet Crawley!)

ashmanra

Indeed, he brought it from Ireland but is happy to bring or ship anything we want! I could have sworn I had seen it at A Southern Season in Chapel Hill. I will check next time I am there.

Normally this one works very well for me but I think cold-steeping it might have been a bad decision – black tea doesn’t seem to take too kindly to being drunk iced with no sugar, for me, and this was no exception. Overly perfumey when cold, even slightly artificial! Sorry, Rose Garden, I’ll have to continue drinking you hot ):

Iced

Brought a tin of this back from London. When I lived there a few years ago, twinings sold another amazing tea blend. Hearty black with a delicate rosiness about it. Rose Garden is not unpleasant, but the black tea is too weak and the rose too reminiscent of cosmetics. Nice over ice but I’m still sad.

Anyone else remember Twinings Rose Pouchong/found anything close? I last saw it circa 2008.

This is one of my favourite teas, and has become my standard brew! It tastes like Turkish Delight but as tea. Definitely one to stock up on before they stop making it.

swoon This is a tea to win hearts. Alluring, subtle and satisfying. Makes me feel sophisticated and coddled at the same time. I need to get my hands on it before it runs out.

I’m not regretting buying it, it’s reasonably pleasant, but I don’t think I’ll be too gutted when it vanishes off the shelves. The rose taste is quite fresh and subtle, not too perfumey like some can be, but I think it needed a better quality black tea; this one’s a little flat and on the bitter side.

Haven’t tried it with milk (I tend to avoid putting milk into favoured teas) but it’s good with just a pinch of sugar.

Office Water Tea This smells very nice and rosy as soon as you open the bag! Steeping, the scent is rose, but not overwhelmingly flowery and floral. The taste follows suit. It is a gentle rose flavor, not too over the top at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is scared of rose teas or has had bad experiences in the past.

Flavors: Rose

i usually hate twinnings tea because i always found it weak. But this is the first twinning tea i’ve tried in 1.5 yr and it’s fantastic. Its a balanced rose flavour that is perfect for my palate. I adore rose teas, but the ones i usually find is very very weak, you hardly know its rose flavoured. This one is perfect.

Another good recommendation is Davidstea ‘English Rose’ which is a combination of white chocolate (yummy), black tea and roses. It has just the tiny less of a rose flavor but still fantastic.