Edit tea info Last updated by syrin

From Twinings

Direct from England – Assam is a strong, rich and deep-amber tea with a malty character.

Grown in the Bramaputra valley, the low elevation, high rainfall and humidity are conditions that create the unique taste of this tea. A rich, deep-amber tea, ideal with “elevenses” and throughout the day.

About Twinings View company

I had this with milk and a little sugar. It was a pleasant cup, but not something I wouold drink everyday. I have had better assams than than this (and also much worse). I don’t see myself buying more of this in the future.

This is my favorite bagged tea; I bring boxes of it home from the UK at a time! I like its maltiness and body, and enjoy it brewed strong, with a substantial pour of milk and a little bit of Splenda.

Gran Reno

I wish it was available here! It is definitely a very good bagged tea, perfect for winter afternoons! Although I prefer it without milk.

A good standard bagged Assam, but not the best I’ve ever had. This is one of very few teas I strongly prefer with milk.

Very bitter – definitely not the kind of tea for those who don’t add milk – but not necessarily bad. Good for a morning pick-up.

A touch of soya milk. Mild but still strong enough for me.

This is one of my favorite teas to drink

Probably my favorite commercial tea, this has a wonderful malty flavor that pairs perfectly with a dark agave nectar and some milk. If you can get it from the UK, I suggest you do so! A good introductory Assam.

Very strong and earthy flavour tea, from the north of India. I prefer to drink it in the morning or after lunch, due to its higher amount of caffeine.

A decent Assam. I’ve been having a lot of green tea lately so with milk and sugar it almost tasted like dessert. A malty dessert, but still.

Lovely aroma, but it gets bitter quicky.