ZW75: Moonlight White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

The dark olive leaves of this tea are complemented with light downy tips. The cup has pleasant floral notes with a hint of honey sweetness. The finish shows a bit of honeydew melon and apricot.
Origin:
China

Steeping Suggestions: –
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 180°
Steep Time: 3 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

Switching it up to a White Tea now. And WOWZA! This smells AWESOME! I can TOTALLY smell the honeydew melon and apricot notes others are talking about! The leaves are so beautiful, too! Very eye-catching!

This infuses to a light burnt orange color.

I’m already looking forward to tomorrow when I get to drink more new-to-me teas! Then again…I’m excited everyday for that same reason!

This is a lovely white tea and the more I sip the more I like it. Delightful!

Forgot to log this a few days ago but I wrote a note in my phone:
Silver white buds and large twisted black leaves like a roasted oolong and yes some olive if you look close enough, but the first thing I noticed was the beautiful contrast.  I don’t know what to make of this.  It smells like a light sweet rich bean.  Taste is sweet and something not cocoa but similar, something reminds me of coffee beans but it doesn’t taste anything like a cup of coffee granted I don’t drink coffee, maybe it’s just the roast, except it doesn’t tasted roasted.  Sweet front, a coolness, good mouthfeel and spice at then some dryness at the back.  I like it. (I did multiple steeps of this but didn’t take notes, I remember it maintaining some sweetness and picking up a bit of spice but I don’t think it got vegetal, I remember thinking this is a pretty good example of tasting the soil and weather of where the tea was grown. I do however remember wanting to be more impressed and will probably search for another Moonlight on here that is rated higher.

As noted in another review, the leaves have an interesting contrast in the bag. This tastes a little more like that classic tea flavor I have in my head than other white teas I’ve tried thus far. I am also getting just a little bit of a nice earthyness to it. Overall a nice tea, takes sugar well.

Bonnie

Just a tip. If you don’t follow anyone, you don’t see people’s reviews. The interaction of seeing reviews and commenting is part of what makes steepster what it is. People here are great!

Thank you Upton! You’ve taken my favorite white tea, once offered only by Rishi Tea for a very pretty penny ($10 for 50 grams) and made it an affordable daily luxury. Yes, the wonderful linden-like aroma is still there with the dominant tone of honeydew melon. Steep this white longer and it begins to resemble a top-notch early spring darjeeling. Have fun.

Tasty white tea, but I should have probably steeped it a bit longer and used cooler water. This was my 2nd taste test of an Upton Tea and it was very nice but reasonably plain. I haven’t yet got a taste for the variation of unflavoured white teas – the taste is usually very subtle and I think you pretty much have to make sure you don’t make it with water that’s too hot. It was nice, but nothing over the top special. I’ll definitely try some of their other white teas.

Sipdown. This is the last of the sample, and I’m suddenly sorry to see it go. It took me three tries to get used to it. Hmmm. I might have to buy more after all.