Black Tie-Guan-Yin (ZK58)

Chinese Black Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

• “The taste of this one is wonderful, to me it is slightly woodsy at first with bold notes of cocoa ,maltyness and maybe caramel, kinda malty and just really super good. The second and third steep...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 411 tasting notes
  • “The tea has a wonderful smell and I love opening the bag. The dry leaf is very wiry and is difficult to measure out with a teaspoon. I found it very delicious with its toffee notes and hint of...” Read full tasting note
    teabrarian 15 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

From Fujian province, this is a fully oxidized tea made from a cultivar normally used to produce Tie-Guan-Yin Oolong. The cup has a round flavor, with notes of red wine, and toasty hints. The aroma has a sweet note and a subtle hint of cocoa.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

The second and third steep were the best, they were malty and tastes of so much of cocoa it was almost like it was a flavored tea or something and caramel hints with some roasty toasty characteristics of a darker oolong and the flavor was lingering in the mouth with a slight bitter.
by the fourth and 5 steeps it had lost the maltness and caramel hints but the woodsy note is back and the cocoa notes are still there, on the fifth steep a slight “whiskylike” note somehow came about.
Read more and see a few on my blog please :)

Tommy the Toad

I want to get more of this tea, I think it would be superb sweetened with a touch of mint added, mmmmm.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I just ordered this one today so excited to get it. Though it’ll be a while before I drink it. If you saw today’s blog post you will see what I mean.

Tommy the Toad

No Tea for a week, I couldn’t do it. Good Luck! you’ll love this one when you do get to try it :)

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Thanks Tommy. I am concerned for my survival as I am highly addicted.

Kittenna

This sounds very interesting.

The tea has a wonderful smell and I love opening the bag. The dry leaf is very wiry and is difficult to measure out with a teaspoon. I found it very delicious with its toffee notes and hint of cocoa. Think of something in between a heavily roasted oolong and a classic congou. This bag of tea will be gone before I am ready for it to be!