Organic Ginger Root (BH10)

Herbal Tea
Ginger Root
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

• “This tisane was wonderfully comforting last night. I think my cold is actually a flu ... sigh. In any event, I felt great relief after having a cup of this with some honey. Warm, and my breathing...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “My attempt to get off of omeprazole failed...for the time being. I have been on it for twelve years. When I started it, I had h. Pylori and was really suffering and I think a lot of it was caused...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1826 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! (though that's nearly the last of them for tonight). This tea? It pretty much makes me want to make some ginger chicken or something. This is not something i want to drink, i want to eat...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “This is a very satisfying ginger root. One of the better tasting ones I have tried or maybe it's just because the older I get the more I appreciate ginger root, not sure. This helps the throat...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a widely used and very popular herb. After cupping many samples, we felt that this selection, with its tangy mouth feel, spicy flavor and distinctive aroma, was superior to all the others.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

This tisane was wonderfully comforting last night. I think my cold is actually a flu … sigh. In any event, I felt great relief after having a cup of this with some honey. Warm, and my breathing improved. Good flavor and not “bitey” – I love that it’s organic, too.

Veronica

Sorry you are so sick! Hope you feel better soon.

JacquelineM

Thanks! I am hoping for no fever today.

Hope you feel better!

Bonnie

Me too…get well!

JacquelineM

Thanks guys! I’m here with Thomas Sampson right now and am smiling :) He tastes good with maple syrup ;)

ashmanra

Yay for Thomas! Glad you are feeling better.

teatime traveler

Ahhhh, I’m not even ill and I feel better from your appreciative description, Jaqueline. Thanks for letting us know.

My attempt to get off of omeprazole failed…for the time being. I have been on it for twelve years. When I started it, I had h. Pylori and was really suffering and I think a lot of it was caused by the stress of some of our closest friends divorcing. It was a really ugly divorce.

It took two attempts to get from 40mg to 20mg but I did it, years ago. Now I am having rebound reflux when I try to go off of it – at least, that is what I feel is happening. Since I was burning up, I went back on it but I bought some empty gel caps so I can make some reduced doses to get my body tapered off instead of trying to quit cold turkey. I was told you can not just cut the tabs in half because of a time release coating, but I think you can still buy the kind with the little pellets in a capsule and split those up.

Meanwhile, I have run out of omeprazole and am only a few hours late taking it, yet I have reflux and burning in my stomach.

Unbelievable I know, my family never really used ginger for ANYTHING when I was growing up. We didn’t even eat gingersnaps. I didn’t know until a few years ago how hot it is! I have occasionally grated a bit into black tea just for the flavor and I put 1/4 tsp. into any soup or chili that is spicy. So this is my first ginger tea, sent by the amazing JacquelineM!

On top of having a bit of reflux this morning and no time to go get more meds right now, I have been feeling a little nauseated lately. I suspect that is from something I ate or from dealing with hundreds of people face to face at early voting on the days I work.

So….the tea. I would not choose this based on taste, but it is definitely drinkable if you need the benefits. It is hot and spicy in the mouth, but doesn’t make my lips burn and I do believe it may be helping my tummy. As hot as the roof of my mouth is getting, my tummy is not burning. And this time I am drinking it plain. I suspect it may be better with honey.

Thank you, Jacqueline! This may have saved me today to make it through my short work day!

JacquelineM

I hope, hope, hope it helps!

Angrboda

I can’t say I’m surprised. I’ve heard before that ginger should be good for that particular area. Perhaps you can get ginger in some sort of other dietary supplement form to help you wean yourself off the medicine?

fleurdelily

I have heard that ginger is good for motion sickness as well, but I can’t say that I’ve tried it for that. Hope you feel better soon

gmathis

…in chili! Never thought about that but it certainly makes sense.

ashmanra

I think it did help! A lot! As I said, I had been slightly nauseated for a couple of days…not sure why but I am blaming a frozen dinner I ate after work! Once I drank the tea, the tummy ache and heartburn were gone, I went to work at early voting, and picked up a pizza on the way home! Tummy still happy! Thank you, thank you, Jacqueline!

ashmanra

GMathis: According to my mother’s recipe, the ginger is in there to prevent…um….well….the fluffies is what my mother called it! LOL!

gmathis

Such elegant terminology!

sipdown! (though that’s nearly the last of them for tonight). This tea? It pretty much makes me want to make some ginger chicken or something. This is not something i want to drink, i want to eat it! so um yeah. it’s not bad..but i feel like it’s something i should be cooking with instead heh

Terri HarpLady

I like to drink ginger tea when I’m sick with any kind of respiratory problem. I also like to drink ginger tea when my guts are unhappy. I also just like to drink it, because I love ginger, heh. ;)

This is a very satisfying ginger root. One of the better tasting ones I have tried or maybe it’s just because the older I get the more I appreciate ginger root, not sure. This helps the throat and my shifting wisdom teeth. Mission accomplished.

Good gosh! My arby’s italian sub and curly fries must have been REALLY salty. I had their blackberry fruiTEA w/ it and a couple cups of tea and a bunch of water after and I’m still dying of thirst.

Didn’t have any iced tea made and I didn’t want to end up w/ a huge amount of wet leaves so I made ginger lemon water using the ginger I used in my matcha and English Breakfast this morning. I call it ginger water and not ginger tisane because ginger tisane has almost no liquor on it’s own lol.:)

1.5oz ginger steeped in 2oz boiling water for 20 min. Placed 2 thin slices of lemon in the bottom of my glass, decanted my tea, and added 14oz refrigerated water. Don’t have fresh lemon? Add 2TB lemon juice. Lemon verbena or lemon grass would definitely work as well.

Boiling 8 min or more

EXCELLENT. Good for colds, flus, or just cold days, good iced, good with honey and without. Real, spicy ginger flavor. I get two, sometimes three or four brewings out of a couple teaspoons of dried root.

1-2tsp/212F/to taste