Japanese Matcha Gen-mai Cha Premium (TJ28)

Green Tea
Genmaicha, Matcha Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

From Upton Tea Imports

This exceptional grade of Matcha Gen-mai Cha is seldom seen outside of Japan. The components are of an exceptional quality, and produce a harmonious, well-balanced infusion that is eminently smooth. Toasted rice adds a soothing and mellow quality to the complex vegetal flavor. Highly recommended.

Steeping Suggestions: -
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 180°
Steep Time: 3 min.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

The tea is a brilliant chartreuse with little pieces of bright green popped rice and roasted rice kernels. It brews up into a pale cloudy green brew that smells delightfully roasty and has a light rounded roasted, slightly salty taste. There are other notes that have a very light sweetness to them as well.

This is one of my favourite greens. I always like it when someone else also likes my favourites. :)

I kind of like it when teas turn out to be chartreuse in color. I guess it’s the kid in me.

hoping for super powers :)

laughs It looks like some sort of toxic waste brew. XD

This is my favourite type of Genmaicha. It is also called genmaicha matcha iri. Usually the aroma of the roasted rice is quite strong, but adding some matcha makes it more harmonic. Looks very nice on the picture. Btw. gemaicha has a lots of vitamin B due to the rice..good fo the skin :)

First: this tea is green. If Gatorade made a drink this color, I would refuse to drink it on the grounds that nothing in nature could possibly be that shade of neon green. But, apparently, I’d be wrong. Here’s a photo: http://flic.kr/p/9uqpuL

It tastes perfectly natural, though. Compared to other genmaichas I’ve tried, it perhaps tastes a bit more like green tea than toasted rice. And I can definitely feel the extra caffeine from the matcha. But, while it’s nice, honestly I don’t know if it’s different enough from any other genmaicha to justify the rather-high price.

Haha that’s matcha for ya. The GREENER!!!, the better.

That’s insane! I thought I’d seen crazy-green genmaicha, but this is Kool-Aid-green.

an excellent tea too! however, the regular Gen-mai cha by Upton’s tea imports is better.