Ginseng Oolong (ZM87)

Fruit Herbal Oolong Blend
Ginseng, Licorice Root, Oolong Tea Leaves
Edit tea info Last updated by Rumpus Parable

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I love everything about this tea. It has a pretty funky look due to the ginseng coating, but the coating makes it like two teas in one...the 1st infusion and the 2nd are totally different...” Read full tasting note
    DaveTea 11 tasting notes

From Upton Tea Imports

An interesting twist on a Chinese classic. The rolled leaves are coated with ground ginseng, producing an exceptional, silky-smooth cup. The aroma has the floral sweetness of Tie-Guan-Yin, with mellow ginseng notes. This lot has a bit of licorice root juice added. Can be used for multiple infusions.

About Upton Tea Imports View company

1 Tasting Note

I love everything about this tea. It has a pretty funky look due to the ginseng coating, but the coating makes it like two teas in one…the 1st infusion and the 2nd are totally different experiences. Both great. This is one of the few teas that I buy in large qty to make sure I will always have some to drink, I would hate for it to become unavailable ;-) I recently found a small bag that was purchased well over a year ago and the tea was still great, I think the ginseng coating might help it stay preserved….maybe.

Cofftea

Hmmm… a ginseng coating? The gensing green I have (from Adagio) isn’t coated. I love teas that change drastically w/ additional steeping- that way I can keep steeping thus save money, but not get bored w/ the flavor.

DaveTea

Yea, the leafs are rolled and coated in gensing. Kind of odd looking little nuggets. After the 1st steeping they open up and are quite large.