Happy Sunday!

This is such an incredible tea, really unlike any other black tea I’ve had before.

The cacao flavour is so perfectly in-your-face and that’s the whole flavour profile. Like a perfect liquified tea chocolate. There’s no astringency and no smokiness. Just cacao. The darkest of chocolate. I generally resteep this twice for three steeps total and it’s delicious each and every time. I’m enjoying this one today as I write up a lab report on Daphnia magna toxicity testing.

For reference, I use four pearls for my 14-ounce mug and steep 5 minutes, 6.5 minutes, and 8 minutes.

190 °F / 87 °C 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
tea-sipper

Do you know the harvest year your pearls are from?

Courtney

I checked the website and it says the current tea was harvested in May 2020. My bag has an expiration of May 2023, so I assume this was the harvest it was from. :)

tea-sipper

ok, thank you. Interested to know since you liked these so much.

Courtney

I really love these ones. This is the first time I’ve tried this tea, so I can’t say for sure if it’s this batch, but I can’t complain either way!

Comments

tea-sipper

Do you know the harvest year your pearls are from?

tea-sipper

ok, thank you. Interested to know since you liked these so much.

Courtney

I love straight and flavoured black teas and this is what I’m usually drinking.

Likes:

Dislikes:

Flavours that can go either way:
Hibiscus, vanilla, and peach.

Last updated March 2021.