2021 sipdown no. 122

Another great sample from Cameron, thank you!

Wow, the scent from the steeped tea almost makes me think of a sparkling wine sangria with tropical fruits one would enjoy on a beach in the sunshine!

The taste is more subtle, with a mixture of cherry, raspberry, and hints of almond coming through. All against a smooth and unassuming green base. Overall a nice cuppa…maybe I wouldn’t mind to have a subtle flavoured green in my cupboard. Hmm, more thought needed. Also, I can imagine this might pop even more chilled/iced.

160 °F / 71 °C 2 min, 30 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

I still haven’t tried this one. Oops?

Courtney

You should — it’s tasty! :)

Comments

Cameron B.

I still haven’t tried this one. Oops?

Courtney

You should — it’s tasty! :)

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada