drank Blackberry Oolong by 52teas

Hello, Steepsterites! I wish I was back under happier circumstances but you know there is nothing like Covid-19 temporary layoffs and chronic illness flare-ups to get one back to the basics and appreciating the little luxuries in life (hello, tea).

The floral traits of the tieguanyin smooth out the tangy dark berry notes. Blackberry is the dominate berry flavour here but the flavouring can also go in interesting directions, like blueberry or black currant. The cream note rounds this tea into the pastry-like category.

We will see how it holds up to re-steeping.

Flavors: Black Currant, Blackberry, Cream, Floral, Tart

Roswell Strange

It’s nice to see you back, even if the reason isn’t the happiest!

tea-sipper

Welcome back!

gmathis

Still the best place around to talk tea and get sympathy! Consider yourself hugged :)

derk

Hello!

mrmopar

Good to see ya!

LuckyMe

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the circumstances hopefully it’s just a temporary set back.

ashmanra

Welcome back! And I hope things start looking up really soon!

Nattie

Covid has brought me back too! Glad to see you here, though I’m sorry about the circumstances. I hope you’re keeping well and staying safe (:

CrowKettle

Aw, thanks everyone! Nice to hear from you all :)

Comments

Roswell Strange

It’s nice to see you back, even if the reason isn’t the happiest!

tea-sipper

mrmopar

Good to see ya!

LuckyMe

ashmanra

Welcome back! And I hope things start looking up really soon!

Nattie

CrowKettle

Aw, thanks everyone! Nice to hear from you all :)

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland