Another tea that came in my March Bird and Blend subscription. They’ve been sending quite a lot of rooibos based teas over the last few months, which I wish I could opt out of, because I generally don’t care for them. Though, I’m glad I got to try this one, because I can’t take any rooibos woodiness. I had actually never heard of a simnel cake before this tea, but based on what I’m reading about them, this tea seems to be an accurate representation. I can taste the marzipan (I really like the marzipan flavoring Bird and Blend uses, some of my favorite teas from them are very marzipany), dried fruits, and bit of candied orange. Overall really tasty, but so close to Mince Pie, that I don’t feel the urge to stock up on this one.

Hello! I live in Los Angeles with my boyfriend and 3 cats [+however many foster cats I have at the moment]. I’m also obsessed with all things spooky.

I became obsessed with the world of tea through DavidsTea years ago. I love to try new brands, so I’m constantly on the look out for new-to-me companies.

Favorite Brands:

Malt
Banana
Pineapple
Melon

Dislikes:
Most mint
Stevia
Red Rooibos

Though, I’ll taste anything once!

I mainly brew western style.I like my tea extremely strong, so I tend to use wayyyyy more dry leaf than suggested.

LA, CA