This is my cold brew for the day. Something told me this would make a really interesting/good cold brew and I seem to be dying of heat (even though it’s not really so hot in our apartment) so a cold brew definitely seems right for the moment.

In total, this cold brewed for about eight hours. Taste wise, it’s definitely a vegetal green with some very nice peach notes to it – and I can get behind the vegetalness of this one because it has actual vegetables in it. Quite thirst quenching and refreshing, indeed. I think this is better cold brewed, too – even if the peach is a little less strong. When I send some to VariaTEA I’ll make sure to add enough for her to try it hot and cold, though.

Unrelated, I am so thankful I’m going to the dentist’s again on Tuesday because I’m back to being in a lot of mouth pain again – and my pain meds are almost all gone. That said, only like half of it is actually coming from my teeth – the rest is from the inside of my left cheek where I cut myself on a piece of silverware, like an idiot. I think maybe it’s infected? At the very least – it’s really sore.

Iced 8 min or more 4 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML
carol who

Ouch! Swishing warm salt water around sometimes helps me. :(

VariaTEA

Yay for enough to cold brew and try hot! Also I am sorry to hear the mouth pain is back. Like carol who said, warm salt water should help or you can also put a bit of honey on it as that is a natural antibacterial.

You know what is also antibacterial? TEA

Especially white tea, fyi

Comments

carol who

Ouch! Swishing warm salt water around sometimes helps me. :(

VariaTEA

You know what is also antibacterial? TEA

Especially white tea, fyi

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA