Maple Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha

Green Tea
Calendula Petals, Genmaicha, Matcha Green Tea, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan)
Maple, Maple Syrup, Sweet, Toasted Rice
Medium
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
5 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 28, 2016!

One thing we’re known for here at 52Teas is our Marshmallow Treat inspired teas. Everyone seems to love ‘em – myself included! – so don’t try to fix it if it ain’t broke, right? Since we’re right in the middle of autumn (my favorite time of year!) I thought a yummy flavor to focus on would be maple – so why not a Maple Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha? Sounds really good, right?

I started with our organic Matcha infused Genmaicha and added maple essence and marshmallow root to create a marshmallow treat experience that’s perfect for fall!

This tea is all organic, VEGAN (yes, vegan!), gluten-free and allergen-free – not to mention sweet and absolutely delightful! Those of you who love maple like I do are going to LOVE this tea!

organic ingredients: green teas, popped brown rice, marshmallow root, calendula petals and natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

This tea is delicious. It smells and tastes strongly of maple, of the good maple flavor, that is strong and almost smoky. The gemincha is also prominent in the brewed tea, resulting in a rich, complex and toasty flavor.

The marshmallow is just the barest hint that comes out a little when the tea is cooler, a tiny hint of sweetness.

Flavors: Maple

Today when I opened the package, the maple scent filled the air. Luckily that transferred to the flavor and brought out the marshmallow with it. This cup was lovely.

Fjellrev

Oh god, this sounds like a glorious flavour combination.

Plunkybug

Yum! How could this be anything other than good?! :P

So 52teas ran out of marshmallow treat genmaicha, but I saw maple marshmallow treat genmaicha so I decided to give it a try! I do like maple and I like marshmallow and I like genmaicha so I said why wouldn’t I like this?! The smell of the dry leaf is VERY MAPLE. It smells almost too maple. I was scared that it was going to be sickeningly sweet. But I went ahead and steeped it and gave it a try. It thankfully didnt taste as maple as it smelled. It was very lightly flavored and I added just a pinch of agave syrup which made it even yummier. My whole kitchen smelled like maple syrup which was nice lol. I do really like this tea and I would/will buy it again if they aren’t out. It was really nice and light.

Flavors: Maple, Maple Syrup, Sweet, Toasted Rice

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a queued tasting note.

Drank this one at work during my week without internet access…

I feel like I genuinely liked this one more the second time around; both the maple and marshmallow notes just seemed richer/stronger to me. The roastiness could have used a bit of a boost to compete with the sweetness of the maple, but it was still a very solid cup. For some reason it tasted a touch boozey though?

Also shared it with my two assistant managers: one loved it, and even asked for the website I got it from. The other not so much; he didn’t like the pairing of such sweet flavours and roasty Genmaicha. Buzzkill…

OMGsrsly

I love how you’re bringing more tea education to the tea store. ;)

Arby

There are people who don’t like the pairing of such sweet flavours and roasty Genmaicha? That’s just crazy talk.