Maple Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha

Green Tea
Calendula Petals, Genmaicha, Matcha Green Tea, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan)
Grass, Maple Syrup, Marshmallow, Toasted Rice, Maple, Sweet
Medium
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “I love that the maple isn’t overpowering- just a nice highlight to the roasty and grassy matcha genmaicha! There’s a hint of something boozy going on too. I still prefer my original Marshmallow...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have been airing out my bag of this since I opened it in December. It has a horrible chemical smell to the dry leaf. Luckily, there is no chemically flavours in the steeped tea. I’m really not...” Read full tasting note
  • “Two genmaichas in the 12 Teas of Christmas box makes me one sad girl. What’s worse is this has maple in it, another flavor I don’t care in tea. I didn’t make it through the cup because I didn’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “thanks again for this one variaTEA. this time around the bag smelled way less like alcohol. I’m rather enjoying this cup – a good balance between the maple and the genmaicha!” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 28, 2016!

One thing we’re known for here at 52Teas is our Marshmallow Treat inspired teas. Everyone seems to love ‘em – myself included! – so don’t try to fix it if it ain’t broke, right? Since we’re right in the middle of autumn (my favorite time of year!) I thought a yummy flavor to focus on would be maple – so why not a Maple Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha? Sounds really good, right?

I started with our organic Matcha infused Genmaicha and added maple essence and marshmallow root to create a marshmallow treat experience that’s perfect for fall!

This tea is all organic, VEGAN (yes, vegan!), gluten-free and allergen-free – not to mention sweet and absolutely delightful! Those of you who love maple like I do are going to LOVE this tea!

organic ingredients: green teas, popped brown rice, marshmallow root, calendula petals and natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

I still prefer my original Marshmallow Treat but this was a fun rendition that particularly pleased the mother.

Flavors: Grass, Maple Syrup, Marshmallow, Toasted Rice

I have been airing out my bag of this since I opened it in December. It has a horrible chemical smell to the dry leaf. Luckily, there is no chemically flavours in the steeped tea. I’m really not sure why my bag ended up being like this. I’ve never had a bad bag from 52Teas before and wouldn’t hesitate to order from them again (once I have my cupboard under control). I think this is just a one-time thing.

As for the flavours, the toasted rice and maple go great together. The sweetness really brings everything together. Some nice marshmallow and creamy notes add to the rich dessert appeal.

glad it ended up ok :)

Two genmaichas in the 12 Teas of Christmas box makes me one sad girl. What’s worse is this has maple in it, another flavor I don’t care in tea. I didn’t make it through the cup because I didn’t want to chug it. Quite frankly, that’s the only way I would’ve finished it.

It’s not for me, but the marshmallow treat genmaichas are quite popular. I would recommend it if you enjoy genmaichas, like a nice mellow marshmallow note, and are a fan of maple-flavored teas.

I wish there weren’t two of them in this particular sampler box. There were two in last year’s box as well, so maybe it’s just a thing…

52Teas

It’s not really a ‘set’ thing to do 2 genmaicha blends – it just happened that way because the Maple Marshmallow and the Banana Marshmallow were the two green teas with the highest number of votes. The only thing that was kind of ‘set’ for me was that I was only going to do 1 Oolong because Oolong bases are considerably more expensive and I didn’t want to have to raise the price of the box to accommodate another Oolong. Other than that, I really went with the eight highest vote getters. Another exception: the highest vote getter for the Oolong was actually the Sparkle Pony tea, but when I went to the tea studio, I realized that I didn’t have the right base for that tea (I thought I did but apparently something went awry when I did inventory) so I needed to go with the second highest vote getter for the Oolong blends. For those who might be interested: I do plan on reblending the Sparkle Pony (sans sparkles, which proved to be a costly thing that was virtually impossible so it was an expense that was pretty useless) sometime this summer.

apieceofquiche

Fair enough. I’ll have to pay closer attention to the options for this year (if there’s another vote).

52Teas

There will be! I’ll actually be starting the teas in September this year so that my international/Canadian customers get their boxes on time. I was very distraught over the time it took for them to get their packages – so I need to get those out at least 2 weeks earlier than I did this past year.

So I would expect the poll to be out around late June. :)

Evol Ving Ness

hahhahaha! June! That complaining about the 12 Days guy is going to lose his ***t completely :)

52Teas

LOL! Yes, yes he will – and because we’re starting a month earlier, I will need to actually start pre-sales in August. hahaha!

Evol Ving Ness

hahhahaha! We can just start enjoying his irrational angst from now. The things one comes across in tea world, honestly!

Arby

My bag smelled super chemically, a lot like cheap vodka and artificial flavours? I’ve never had a bad experience with a 52Teas blend, so this was very unusual. It was so pungent that nobody at the tea party would try the tea. Did you find your bag smelled like chemicals at all?

52Teas

Yikes – I don’t know why that happened – I did let the tea cure – perhaps not long enough? I apologize!

It did the first time I opened it Arby’s, but the brewed tea was fine…the second time I opened it, it was fine. You may just want to let a bit of air in and give it a day.

Arby

I’ll try that. I thought it tasted ok on the second steeps onward, so I’m guessing it was something that will off-gas or dissipate.

Roasted tea and maple, this is simply delicious.

No Question, this is a maple tea. As soon as you open it, you are hit with a very strong scent of maple. The brewed tea is overwhelmingly maple flavored. Luckily, the tea is not sweet, and the roasted genmaicha flavor gives it depth so the maple isn’t overpowering.

If you like maple, and I mean really like maple, you will love this tea.

Oh, and the marshmallow? Non- existent. It could be hiding behind the maple, but who knows.

ICED or HOT?
Surprisingly, both are equally delicious. Hot, it is a delicious winter treat, making me thing of boiling syrup out in a snow covered woods.

Iced it is cold leftover pancakes (yum).

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Toasted Rice

1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 470 ML

Today when I opened the package, the maple scent filled the air. Luckily that transferred to the flavor and brought out the marshmallow with it. This cup was lovely.

Fjellrev

Oh god, this sounds like a glorious flavour combination.

Plunkybug

Yum! How could this be anything other than good?! :P

So 52teas ran out of marshmallow treat genmaicha, but I saw maple marshmallow treat genmaicha so I decided to give it a try! I do like maple and I like marshmallow and I like genmaicha so I said why wouldn’t I like this?! The smell of the dry leaf is VERY MAPLE. It smells almost too maple. I was scared that it was going to be sickeningly sweet. But I went ahead and steeped it and gave it a try. It thankfully didnt taste as maple as it smelled. It was very lightly flavored and I added just a pinch of agave syrup which made it even yummier. My whole kitchen smelled like maple syrup which was nice lol. I do really like this tea and I would/will buy it again if they aren’t out. It was really nice and light.

Flavors: Maple, Maple Syrup, Sweet, Toasted Rice

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a queued tasting note.

Drank this one at work during my week without internet access…

I feel like I genuinely liked this one more the second time around; both the maple and marshmallow notes just seemed richer/stronger to me. The roastiness could have used a bit of a boost to compete with the sweetness of the maple, but it was still a very solid cup. For some reason it tasted a touch boozey though?

Also shared it with my two assistant managers: one loved it, and even asked for the website I got it from. The other not so much; he didn’t like the pairing of such sweet flavours and roasty Genmaicha. Buzzkill…

OMGsrsly

I love how you’re bringing more tea education to the tea store. ;)

Arby

There are people who don’t like the pairing of such sweet flavours and roasty Genmaicha? That’s just crazy talk.