Earl Grey Cupcake

Black Teas, Natural Bergamot Oil, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Organic Vanilla Beans, Sprinkles
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Anne finally put this one in the system so now i can write about it. Everyone likely knows how much i am NOT a fan of the blerg. So 99.99999% of all earl grey type teas are on my list of “don’t go...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for February 26, 2018!

I’ve never kept it a secret that one of my all-time favorite teas is Earl Grey – I love bergamot! I haven’t made (nor do I plan to make) a simple Earl Grey because I feel like there are so many out there that my contribution to the heap of Earl Grey teas that exist would not be unique – and we like to keep things unique here!

Instead, I decided to do an Earl Grey CUPCAKE tea. I started with black teas: Yunnan & Assam – with just a touch of Vietnamese Black to help round out the flavor a bit. Then I added some bergamot along with vanilla bean and some additional essence to create a cupcake-y flavor in your teacup. And since we’re talking cupcakes, what cupcake would be complete without some festive sprinkles? These sprinkles are vegan, gluten-free & nut free – so no worries!

A fun way to enjoy your bergamot!

ingredients: vegan candy sprinkles (sugar, potato starch, coconut oil, maltodextrin, spirulina extract, carnauba wax)

organic ingredients: black teas, bergamot, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Anne finally put this one in the system so now i can write about it. Everyone likely knows how much i am NOT a fan of the blerg. So 99.99999% of all earl grey type teas are on my list of “don’t go anywhere near…use a 1000 foot pole to serve to others.” I can barely tolerate the smell a lot of the time when other folks in the office drink it.

BUT! I am also always up for trying it at least once because you never know. I’ve actually found a few earl grey type teas that i’ve been ok with in the past. This one i had hopes for because of the vanilla cupcake factor. Turns out, while i am a fan of early grey + vanilla cupcake, it’s not enough for me to actually enjoy drinking this one. The front end of the sips were fantastic, delicious and everything i might want….and then BLERGAMOT! showed up and ruined the party lol

Not rating this one because blergamot and i are not on good terms, but i think that if i did enjoy earl grey’s, this one would be a nice little cup of something slightly different.

Evol Ving Ness

Figures that this would land in your box. The planets align yet again.

it’s fun. i still like trying things

Thank you for trying it! It would seem that you and I are on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to bergamot – I am quite fond of it and Earl Grey are what I radiate to when I happen to purchase tea for myself (which really hasn’t happened often since I took over 52Teas). But I do know that there are a lot of people out there that don’t like it – so I get it – and that’s one reason why I’m not making a new Earl Grey-ish type of blend every month or so. I’m glad you enjoyed it before bergamot appeared. :)

the girls regularly send me the most blergiest teas they can find… it’s a bit of a fun time :) I’ll try anything at least once!