Black Cherries in Sweet Cream

Darjeeling Tea, Dried Cherries, Mallow Flowers, Raspberry Leaves
Cake, Cherry, Cream, Raspberry, Artificial, Fruity, Sweet, Tannic, Tannin, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “Anyone who’s been following me knows that I’m a HUGE cherry fan. I’m also a fan of AQ2T. I’ve really enjoyed other cherry flavored teas from them. So…… I was really excited when Indigobloom was ...” Read full tasting note
  • “mmmmm sample from crowkettle this one is quite lovely. thankfully i brewed it at a lower temp than usual for my blacks, as i hadn’t registered it was a darjeeling. I like the cherry flavour this...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was included as a free sample in my order. This made a nice cup of fruity dessert tea, and seems like a possible alternative for Vicky’s Spongecake from Bluebird Tea Co; I have a soft spot for...” Read full tasting note
  • “Delicious! I don’t have a specific recollection of how this tea tasted, but did mentally note that I found it to be quite an enjoyable fruit + cream combination.” Read full tasting note

From A Quarter to Tea

Black Cherries in Sweet Cream:

“Illyrio smiled as his serving men spooned out bowls of black cherries in sweet cream for them both.” (Dance with Dragons)

Luscious black cherries with a medium body darjeeling base, paired with heavy notes of cream and vanilla. Decadent enough to make a magister proud.

All orders come in resealable packaging.

Ingredients:
darjeeling tea, raspberry leaves, mallow flowers, dried door county cherries, natural flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:
use 1-2 teaspoons for a 6 oz cup
steep for 2-3 minutes at 190F water

Remember, there’s no wrong way to take your tea, as long as it makes you happy! ☕

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Anyone who’s been following me knows that I’m a HUGE cherry fan. I’m also a fan of AQ2T. I’ve really enjoyed other cherry flavored teas from them. So…… I was really excited when Indigobloom was kind enough to share some of this one with me. I should love this.

But I don’t….. sigh. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’ve steeped a few cups tonight – water temps 80-85-90 C – I’ve played with the steep times 2.5 – 3 – 4 minutes. I’ve resteeped leaves – I’ve used fresh leaves. I’ve added sweet, I’ve added milk, I’ve added both. Nope can’t do it. This is really icky. It’s cough syrup – and not just the fake cherry thing, but actually medicinal barely resembling cherry ewwww.

Thank you so much Indigobloom for sharing, I don’t understand why I don’t love this. There are several positive reviews so this is obviously something that just doesn’t work in my world. I may pass on the rest to someone else who will appreciate it. Sad face…..

Evol Ving Ness

Isn’t that interesting that our tastebuds do what they do.

Evol Ving Ness

Sorry that it sounded like such a winner and then nope, just nope.

Fjellrev

That’s too bad. What are your favourite cherry teas at the moment, anyway?

Evol Ving Ness

I have to admit that I’ve been curious about this one. Some reviews have been really positive about this creation.

mmmmm sample from crowkettle this one is quite lovely. thankfully i brewed it at a lower temp than usual for my blacks, as i hadn’t registered it was a darjeeling. I like the cherry flavour this has going on as well as the sweetness from the cream. might need to think about ordering some of this for myself…

Evol Ving Ness

Darjeeling and cherries and cream! Sounds like a win to me.

This was included as a free sample in my order.

This made a nice cup of fruity dessert tea, and seems like a possible alternative for Vicky’s Spongecake from Bluebird Tea Co; I have a soft spot for that tea. I can taste cherry, raspberry, cream, and frosting. The darjeeling base pokes through a tad, but it isn’t overly memorable or intrusive on first impression.

Flavors: Cake, Cherry, Cream, Raspberry

This tastes like the black cherry flavoring in black cherry soda. I don’t know if I am getting any cream notes but this is cherry and sweet and I am happy.

This gets more astringent as it cools so it is best to finish it off before that happens.

Evol Ving Ness

The name alone is lovely.

My first cup of this was much tastier. That was in my travel mug. Second was at home. Sugar brought out more cherry this time but not cream. Hmmm. Must try again. Maybe as a latte

Reading the ingredients, this sounded much better than it tasted. Very strong artificial cherry flavour and the black base was too strong for me. Lots of delicious oxidised tea flavours and some malty notes that I loved. That being said, I wouldn’t say the cream came through. I didn’t get any of the mallow root, unfortunately.

Will try this cold brewed next, because I think that will bring out the vanilla/cream and subdue the black base a bit.

Flavors: Artificial, Cherry, Fruity, Sweet, Tannic, Tannin, Tea

Indigobloom

With two of the Q2T blends I’ve tried, adding milk or a bit of sugar has made a huge difference for me. May be worth a shot

Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

Turning down the heat will definitely help the Darjeeling base. Most do best with temps around 185-195. This tea does best around 3 minutes @ 190.

Arby

I’ll try a different temperature! When I brew tea on campus I’m stuck with whatever temperature the hot water dispenser is at (just under boiling), but I will try a more controlled brewing at home. I’ll also give adding soy milk a try, I find many black teas go excellent with milk. Thank you for the suggestions!

Oops, dealing with kids and this cuppa was lukewarm by the time I took my first sip. And by then, my body was saying "just give me the caffeine " so I guzzled it. Lol, no tasting note here. It tasted like cherries, that’s all I remember.
Did anyone else have a day like that?

Indigobloom

hah. that sounds about right. It was a crunch time day at work. Student grades depended on our accuracy… and they were due!

2067 tasting notes

It was not a good night for sleep. I had two major interruptions, both of which made it difficult to get back to sleep, after the sleep had been interrupted. So I am running on truncated sleep, and am dragging like hell this morning.
I brewed this as my first cup of the day.
The dry leaf smells wonderful, exactly like I would hope that something called Black Cherries in Sweet Cream would.
It brews up differently, though. The scents become a pale imitation, and the flavor is not as strong as I’d like. I’m going to try for a longer steep time next, and see what that does.

Evol Ving Ness

I feel ya with the sleep interruptions and difficulty returning to slumber thing.