Brigadoon Breakfast

Black White Blend
Floral, Malt, Melon, Tannin, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by ambientqueenie
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 11 oz / 325 ml

From Adagio Teas

Like the fictional Scottish town of Brigadoon, this special Leap Year tea only appears once every few years. Luckily, it’s every four years instead of a hundred!

Celebrate Leap Day with this Scottish Breakfast Blend of Assam and Keemun teas. We’ve added a touch of Silver Needle and blue cornflowers to evoke the blue and white of the Scottish flag that Brigadoon would fly.

Leap Day is needed to correct the fact that the Gregorian calendar year is about 6 hours shorter than a solar calendar year. The extra day is an opportunity to do something out of the ordinary, something that doesn’t come along too often. So this February 29th, order a cup of Brigadoon Breakfast Tea, or wait until 2016.

About Adagio Teas View company

From the weekend – tried this for the first time since ordering it on February 29th this year…

I was impressed with it as a breakfast blend; very robust and full bodied but also quite smooth and creamy with a mix of malt, honeysuckle, and raisin notes. It was the creaminess that really got me though – I hadn’t added anything to the tea and yet it was giving off such creaminess that I thought of Devonshire cream/clotted cream from scones.

I also had it with a Cranberry Coconut bagel from a Black ownedbagel shop with some of the best and most unique bagels I’ve had since moving to Montreal. Supporting Black owned businesses with tea and breakfast in bed feels so good!!

Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/CB_JvaAgTph/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJ0XlU_P8o

Hey Teamail!

My Adagio order was on my doorstep when I woke up today, so I immediately brewed up a mug of this. I am a bit iffy on the brewing instructions, as it said to use boiling water, and there is Silver Needle in this. But, for scientific purposes, we will do it their way first.

Brewed western, 212F/1.5tsp/12oz/4min

Taste is… oooch, let that cool why don’t you! Ok, this has a strong black tea taste with flavors of malt, tannin, and a hint of leather. However, I can also taste the silver needle, giving it a fruity flavor, with notes of melon. It kinda does taste like cereal! But you know what this reminds me of more? If sort of reminds me of that one W2T cake Hot Brandy. Considering that that tea was also a blend of black/white tea, I’m not surprised. Obviously, the W2T tea is much more complex and flavorful, but this stuff is really good as well. The flavor profiles somehow do mesh together well, and I wonder how much caffeine this stuff has. It’d probably be a great wake-up tea for cold mornings like today.

Overall, what do I think? Well, I love it. The different base elements blend together into a lovely cuppa that is both malty and floral. I’m glad I got the big tin of this, not just for presentation effect, but so that I can drink this without hesitation until I can get more. I think I would like to keep this one around. It’s really good.

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksHXRKW0pW0

Flavors: Floral, Malt, Melon, Tannin

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Adagio is definitely good at their marketing strategies. They roped me in for sure! I ended up getting 6oz, having never tried it before. Brewed a cup with honey and oat milk this morning and it was quite tasty! Not the best black tea I’ve ever had, but nice and malty, with a distinct ‘cereal’ flavor.

AJRimmer

That’s some fast shipping too if you’re drinking it already! They pull me in with one of their limited edition teas once or twice a year, but I skipped this one. Glad it’s enjoyable!

amandastory516

Insanely fast shipping! I was very excited when the package arrived.

This was smokier than I had imagined but I really like smokey teas so it was a good surprise. It is very bright and smooth which tones down a bit of the Assam’s natural bitterness. It is a lot less intense than an Irish breakfast or even and English breakfast tea.

Also tried this is a homemade tea latte and the milk and vanilla brought out more of a caramel type flavor like you’d get with a coffee that wasn’t over roasted/brewed.This made the tea even smoother.

I am going to be buying more bags in 2020 because it is a nice alternative to Earl Grey for my go to weekend cuppa.

Flavors: Smoke

Finishing this up! Starting weight watchers has refocused me on making sure I drink more tea, for hydration purposes, and I am so glad! The past two weeks have reminded me how much I love it!

This one is earthy and strong, really perfect for a quick wake up drink for every day. Not my most favorite in the world…but good.

A solid breakfast tea. The taste is very dark and malty.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Couldn’t resist the novelty of this one. It’s a really clean, basic breakfast blend. It’s been a while since I’ve had a tea that wasn’t flavored, so this was a refreshing change.
EDIT: Upping my rating because when I had this yesterday, I added a bit more sugar than I usually do and these deep, delicious cocoa notes came out. It was glorious.