White Chai

Chai White Blend
Apple Pieces, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Dried Coconut, Ginger Root, Lemongrass, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Spice Flavour, Pineapple Piece, Red Peppercorn, White Tea
Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon, Medicinal, Peppercorn, Pine, Resin, Spicy, Sweet, Cardamon, Creamy, Lemongrass, Pepper, Pumpkin, Smooth, Butter, Milk, Spices, Citrus, Clove, Coconut, Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Chai to Stay Dry! This is another tea that I picked up from Snake River Tea in Boise, and I remember being pretty taken by it from their sampler pot when I visited their shop last May (I’ll be...” Read full tasting note
  • “This honestly tastes to me like a more traditional pumpkin spice than the pumpkin spice tea adagio offers. O.o The flavor is smooth, gentle, light without being bland, and the spice is comfortingly...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is one of the most delightful teas I’ve ever had! It has a wholesome & delicious flavor. My husband and I both enjoyed this and wish we’d ordered more than just the sample size! The tea is...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another chai sample form Zach S. I didn’t prepare it on the stove because this recipe has white tea base. Something different! Other than the white tea, the recipe has unusual ingredients –...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

White tea, chai spices with lemongrass, coconut, fruit pieces and peppercorn combine for a light bodied zesty cup. Light yellow with complex notes of lemongrass, fruit and spice that dance on the palate. A fiery kick of the peppercorn lingers in the soft sweetness of the fruit.

About Adagio Teas View company

Chai to Stay Dry! This is another tea that I picked up from Snake River Tea in Boise, and I remember being pretty taken by it from their sampler pot when I visited their shop last May (I’ll be making my yearly trip next month, and am already getting pretty excited, though with a much fuller tea cupboard this year, I probably won’t be picking up near so much!) A quick bit of searching and I’ve found this particular blend was sourced from Adagio Teas.

I’m… not exactly sure what I saw in this tea when I tasted the teaser, because it certainly doesn’t hold up for me now. The first major problem I have with this tea is it is heralded as a white tea chai, but the actual leaf has hardly any actual white tea leaf in it; it looks like a near replica of my Lemon Spice tisane by Strand Tea that can be found in my Tasting Notes. And honestly… it’s a pretty close taste match, too. The main differences, as far as flavor, is that this tea is a little stronger on the fruit notes and is therefore a little sweeter, and isn’t quite as spicy as Strand Tea’s Lemon Spice. The lemongrass forms the base of the tea, so it has a strong lemon flavor, and there are some very noticable pine notes to the blend, which paired with the heavy lemon just give it a very… Lemon Pledge sort of taste. It isn’t undrinkable, but it isn’t exactly a pleasant association, either… and if it weren’t for that, I actually do like the way the citrus and spices of the blend work together. I get notes of ginger, cinnamon, and peppercorn, and the fruit in the blend lends enough sweetness to compliment the spices and really bring out their flavor. It actually packs a pretty decent heat for a non-traditional chai. I just wish it actually had more white tea and didn’t taste so strongly of Pine-Sol. It’s that pine note that kind of ruins it, and I’m not exactly sure where it is coming from. If it’s actually the white tea causing that, then they should’ve just dropped it altogether and made it a tisane spice blend like Strand’s Lemon Spice tea. Honestly, I don’t remember the Lemon Spice tea having that strong pine note, but it’s been a while.

I tried a different white chai in the past which can be found in my Tasting Notes, Art of Tea’s White Winter Chai, and I liked it far more than this one. That tea has sort of a refreshing evergreen note. So it tasted a bit of pine, but it wasn’t paired with lemon, so it didn’t give off that Pine-Sol association, and it was full of leafy white tea, and the spice blend in it was wonderful. But it is only available during the holidays, and only in quarter-pound or larger sizes, and I sort of hate having such a large size on hand (it takes me eons to finish off that size of tea). Next winter I may just have to break down and buy a bag anyway if I can’t find another white chai in the meantime I like as much (or better). But this one definitely isn’t working out for me.

Full Review: https://teatimetuesdayreviews.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/tea50/

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon, Medicinal, Peppercorn, Pine, Resin, Spicy, Sweet

This honestly tastes to me like a more traditional pumpkin spice than the pumpkin spice tea adagio offers. O.o The flavor is smooth, gentle, light without being bland, and the spice is comfortingly warm and a hint peppery. It’s a very pleasant and well-behaved chai which isn’t in your face- great for warming up while winding down your evening. I love it!

Flavors: Cardamon, Creamy, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pepper, Peppercorn, Pumpkin, Smooth, Spicy

This is one of the most delightful teas I’ve ever had! It has a wholesome & delicious flavor. My husband and I both enjoyed this and wish we’d ordered more than just the sample size! The tea is dessert-like, as it’s quite rich, but it’s not too sweet! I could (and will, once my bulk order arrives) drink this several times a week! I’ve enjoyed this tea straight, which was very tasty, and I’ve also added some raw sugar and whole milk which was just as satisfying, but definitely not necessary.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Creamy, Milk, Spices, Sweet

Another chai sample form Zach S.

Other than the white tea, the recipe has unusual ingredients – pineapple and coconut…

I drank without milk first. The only spice I could taste was the peppercorn, which was still rather weak. What also stood out was the pineapple, especially when I added a splash of milk to see how the taste would change. The pepper and pineapple combo strangely works…

It’s alright. Disappointingly, not terribly spicy, but I did the like pineapple aspect. Dad thought it was good, interesting even. With that and the white tea, this recipe is light on the tongue. Seems like it’s good to have on a cool summer’s eve.

White Chai was unexpectedly lemony. I know lemongrass is the 2nd ingredient, but it’s a chai. Thus, I was really expecting to be hit with spice. Especially after the familiar chai aroma that greeted me when I opened the package. White Chai is light bodied and gives you lemon and ginger at the forefront with cinnamon and red peppercorns in the finish. It took some work bringing the flavor out however. Steeping for the suggested 3 minutes yielded a rather weak tea…some lemon flavor, but no spice that you’d expect from a chai. If you’re looking for spice, you’ll have to either steep longer than the suggested steep time or add more tea. I selected to extend the steep to 5 minutes. I normally wouldn’t steep a white tea for 5 minutes as they usually go bitter, to me, after 2-3 minutes. However, there was such little white tea in this blend that it could really be steeped as an herbal tea for 5-7 minutes. There was no presence of pineapple, coconut, or apple, so if you’re hesitant thinking that it’s overly fruity, it’s not. Overall, I enjoyed White Chai. I even went to go purchase it (currently tasting from a sample pack) to be used as an evening chai, but 3 oz packages are sold out…bummer. Sample packs and teabags are still available though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemongrass, Peppercorn

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Love this tea! Smells absolutely wonderful and it’s just right; spicy and warm but light and sweet all at the same time.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Coconut, Fruity, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

Mmm, this is unexpectedly the perfect tea for the changing of the seasons. The very first hints of fall are showing here, making me excited for heavy, smoky, and spicy winter teas. But not yet! It’s still in the eighties during the day, and the sun isn’t all the way down until nine.

Anyway! The tea itself is beautiful. Slender, green leaves mixed with bright red peppercorns, white coconut shavings, tan pineapple pieces, yellow lemongrass, brown cloves and cinnamon. The aroma is strong, spicy, and promising. It reminds me a lot of Adagio’s Thai Chai, which is one of my favorites.

This tea brews up to a very light tan, and when the milk is added, it almost goes completely white. Very interesting… I wonder how it would look with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top! Flavorwise, the cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon are in the forefront. There’s really too much going on in this to taste the white tea (at least, in the way that I prepared it). The lemongrass is very present as well, but I can hardly tell there’s any pineapple. Can’t taste that much at all, but it’s there. Same with the coconut. It’s in the very background, but present. Anyway, this is pretty crazy, and I like it a lot. I might have to reorder once it really starts getting cold.

Full disclosure: I didn’t look at the steeping instructions on this. I winged it, for once.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Ginger, Lemongrass

carol who

First hints of Fall!!! Eeeeck! Where do you live? I’m not going there. Here in IL it’s still very warm and summer-y. The tea sounds good… but not for a couple months.

mrmopar

Yay fall go away heat…

Tabby

@Carol Atlanta! But it’s just a weird cool spell. I know it will be blazingly hot again soon, and on until October. It’s summer 8 months out of the year here, haha.

I was hoping this tea would be a bit crazier and more unusual, but it is still tasty. Smells like lemon christmas in the bag, and when steeped, reminds me of a lemon ginger tea I used to drink. Spicy lemon is the dominant flavor, with a little sharp zing that might be the peppercorns or might be the ginger. I don’t believe this is caffeine free, which makes it tricky as to what time of day I might drink it. Overall a bright, lemony, pick me up

Flavors: Citrus, Coconut, Ginger, Lemon

This is a very spicy, flavorful tea that is reminiscent of the traditional black versions but with less caffeine! Major thumbs up!