Black Herbal Honeybush Blend
Aniseed, Apple Pieces, Cacao Nibs, Cinnamon, Clove, Hazelnut, Honeybush, Lapsang Souchong, Orange Peel, Red Peppercorns, Rose Hips
Autumn Leaf Pile, Brown Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Campfire, Cloves, Earth, Fireplace, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Red Apple, Roast nuts, Smoked, Spicy, Anise, Apple, Cocoa, Nutty, Pepper, Smoke, Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Hazelnut, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 11 oz / 325 ml

• “On this cold, windy, and wet autumn day, this burnt sienna colored tea provides a warmth that touches the lips and hits the soul. I’m a huge fan of Lapsang Souchong, and knew that when I purchased...” Read full tasting note
  • “I impulse bought this tea as soon as it came out and was surprised with how much I like it. It’s sweet and smokey and perfect for my afternoon mug. I hate aniseed though, so I could do without that...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love the idea of this blend: something for autumn, peppercorns and spice and smoke— truly some of my favorite sensations. That in mind, this tea was much sweeter than I expected. The apple and...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s nice to see Adagio rolling out more seasonal stuff these days. Nice, and very tempting. I had some points racked up and decided to get this and a personal blend I made called Haven. Plus...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Crisp autumn nights call for warmth and comfort and little can better provide them than an autumn bonfire. Behold our bonfire blend: Honeybush hazelnut and cocoa nibs relax and ground you, while a spice blend of aniseed, cinnamon, clove and orange peel offer cozy comfort and zest. Apples and rose hips add soft sweetness while lapsang and red peppercorn offer hints of smoke and the flickering spark of heat. A perfect tea for fireside enjoyment or downtime dreaming.

About Adagio Teas View company

On this cold, windy, and wet autumn day, this burnt sienna colored tea provides a warmth that touches the lips and hits the soul. I’m a huge fan of Lapsang Souchong, and knew that when I purchased this blend, that I would not be disappointed. The smokey and spicy aroma of this tea is a delight to the senses. The peppercorn, cloves, and cinnamon really bring out the boldness in the Lapsang Souchong, while the Honeybush mixed with the fruitiness provided by the oranges and apples, really brings a nice balance to this festive tea. The last note that I picked up about this tea is the mild undertone of the hazelnut. It’s not overpowering or fake, and lingers for a bit in between sips. This is a tea I would buy over and over again.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Brown Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Campfire, Cloves, Earth, Fireplace, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Red Apple, Roast nuts, Smoked, Spicy

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML

I impulse bought this tea as soon as it came out and was surprised with how much I like it. It’s sweet and smokey and perfect for my afternoon mug. I hate aniseed though, so I could do without that note.

I love the idea of this blend: something for autumn, peppercorns and spice and smoke— truly some of my favorite sensations. That in mind, this tea was much sweeter than I expected. The apple and aniseed and cocoa nibs help keep this blend gentle and dessert-like, and orange flavoring keeps it bright and drinkable. The smoke is just a teeny, tiny whiff. I also like that this tea is low in caffeine, so I can drink it anytime without being so hard on my body. I’m glad to see adagio making seasonal blends of their own, it makes it fun to stop in and shop on their site. But I do wish this blend had some more gusto. A blend called bonfire didn’t seem to have very much cinnamon flame or savory woodsmoke. Maybe I’ll pump up my personal batch with some more lapsang and see how it goes.

Edit: I’ve been brewing this tea with about 50% lapsang souchong mixed in and it is a lovely sweet-savory woodsmoke experience. Would recommend.

Flavors: Anise, Apple, Cocoa, Nutty, Orange Zest, Pepper, Smoke

It’s nice to see Adagio rolling out more seasonal stuff these days. Nice, and very tempting. I had some points racked up and decided to get this and a personal blend I made called Haven. Plus Cream because I missed it and it goes with everything.

Now, this tea is a strange one. A honeybush with a touch of lapsang? Ok, different but interesting. Add hazelnut? Sweet, sounds good. Red peppercorns, cacao nibs, anise, and cinnamon? Amazing! But then they added orange peel, rosehips, clove, and apple pieces on top of all of that. There’s just so much going on. Somebody may have gotten a little too creative.

The aroma has me cautious. The husband (not a tea drinker) said it smells like “chocolate and bubblegum”. I’m not getting either of those, but the fruit is bright and in the forefront, but kind of clashing with the hazelnut. And the lapsang’s smoke. Steeped, the tea has a strong orange spice and nutty smoke scent. It’s intriguing. And fruity. And definitely reminds me of fall and winter.

The flavor is actually very warming and comforting. The hazelnut and the orange peel against the honeybush taste like a lovely dessert you’d serve hot with vanilla iced cream. With the lapsang to back it up, it tastes toasty and baked. The spices back it up but don’t shout over the main flavors. The clove is especially present, but I smell it as I sip more than I actually taste it.

I could definitely see myself sitting by the fire drinking this. Heads up, though, this is a limited edition tea, so if you wanna try it, you might wanna get it soon!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Hazelnut, Nutty, Orange, Orange Zest, Smoke