Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Cinnamon, Cloves, Flavor, Ginger, Hibiscus, Lemon Peel, Rose Hips
Apple, Hibiscus, Spices, Tart, Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Ginger, Green Apple, Tangy, Lemon, Sweet, Musty
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 g 14 oz / 413 ml

3 Images

• “Bird & Blend Advent Calendar 2021: Day 2! Another fruity tisane?! Color me sad. And color me vibrant purple-pink, because this blend has a LOT of hibiscus. It smells lovely and true to its...” Read full tasting note
  • “#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #101 overall / Tea #17 for March Sat 3/13/21 (WRITTEN 3/18/21) — Bird and Blend Mulled Cider I’m a weirdo but since I started working at the front desk of a hotel (this...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Advent Day 7 (7-December 2020) This one smells apple-y sweet and delicious as the dried sachet. It brews up a beautiful pinky-red because hibiscus. Still, I was excited because the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I never buy cider type teas since I usually find them all to be the same. For some crazy reason, I decided to buy some of this one during the last sale. I’m drinking it very hot since that’s the...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Aromatic winter spices: cinnamon, cloves & ginger, steeped with apple chunks to create this mellow & comforting hot tea toddy. Brew up a fruit tea infusion or use to create Mulled Cider, serve steaming with a splash of dark rum and snuggle up on a chilly winter’s eve!

Apple pieces, ginger, rosehip, hibiscus, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, flavour.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Bird & Blend Advent Calendar 2021: Day 2!

Another fruity tisane?! Color me sad. And color me vibrant purple-pink, because this blend has a LOT of hibiscus. It smells lovely and true to its name, just like a mug of hot mulled apple cider. Yet the taste is terribly weak—I’m not getting much of anything beyond a watery hibiscus with maaaybe a hint of cinnamon at the end and as it cools. I even threw the tea bag back in my mug to let it steep for longer, but it isn’t doing much. It’s making me appreciate yesterday’s blend (Christmas Cranberry Pie) a whole lot more.

I hope B&B mixes it up with something dark and caffeinated tomorrow.

(Edit: I cold-brewed my tea bag for a second steeping overnight, and now I can taste more of the mulling spices (maybe the hibiscus has been exhausted). Still, I’m leaving my rating as-is… I firmly believe a mulled cider-themed blend should be enjoyed hot!)

Flavors: Apple, Hibiscus, Spices, Tart

Cameron B.

I have no idea what they were thinking with putting two fruit tisanes in a row, especially two that are holiday-themed fruit + spices…

Kelmishka

Seriously! Optimistically I’ve decided they’re just getting them out of the way before moving on to more exciting blends. :D

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #101 overall / Tea #17 for March

Sat 3/13/21 (WRITTEN 3/18/21) — Bird and Blend Mulled Cider I’m a weirdo but since I started working at the front desk of a hotel (this summer will be 6 years since started) I enjoy traveling and staying at hotels when I go on vacation.. getting an employee discount is nice and it’s nice to meet people in the same field as myself and it’s nice to have that stability (even if there are many different hotel brands from basic to very fancy full service upper class). In past year or so obviously that has been drastically reduced with everything going on the world. While I was off for almost a week, I got to squeeze two trips in (I live in Columbus, OH so one night to Cleveland area and one to Cincinnati area which are few hours away in opposite directions). I had a very old 4g sample of this tea that I made warm and plain (the hotel lobby water wasn’t very hot, it wasn’t that warm even but I was too tired to go back to front desk)… I steeped it overnight in one of the old skool design DT tumbler in a metal steeper basket. It tasted like a very weak flavored water in the morning. I pretty much dumped into the sink which I never do. I won’t judge it since the sample was so small and old.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

Bird & Blend Advent Day 7 (7-December 2020)

This one smells apple-y sweet and delicious as the dried sachet. It brews up a beautiful pinky-red because hibiscus. Still, I was excited because the steeped scent is very similar to the dry.

However, this is where it starts to unravel. Sadly, none of the flavour really comes through, but also the hibiscus barely comes through either — it’s as though the opposing flavours just somehow cancel each other out! Ahh, well it’s a warm cuppa to start the day.

I asked Lex how she felt about it and:

“I love it!”
“What does it taste like to you?”
“I don’t know!”

I never buy cider type teas since I usually find them all to be the same. For some crazy reason, I decided to buy some of this one during the last sale. I’m drinking it very hot since that’s the way I would drink my cider during the winter as a kid. It’s definitely better than bagged cider teas. I’m not sure it’s super special, but I am enjoying it well enough. I can taste the fruit and the spices evenly. It’s a good blend. After I finish my 50g, I probably won’t buy any other ciders for another year or two.

Bonus tea from a previous order due to something I ordered being out of stock. Wasn’t overly thrilled about this one, because I’m a little over the standard Christmassy mulled cider blends. However, this one actually tasted quite authentic, and without some of the lingering sweetness that I’ve found in other blends. Can’t recall the specifics, but it was enjoyable enough.

This was the other herbal blend in the Bird & Blend Christmas gift set. While the Gingerbread Chai was a knockout, this one was just so-so. The good news is, the hibiscus didn’t overwhelm the blend as it does in so many fruity herbal teas! The bad news is, this doesn’t really taste like cider. The mulling spices are clearly present: I taste cinnamon, clover, and a hint of ginger, but just a vague fruity background without anything that distinctly says “apple”.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Ginger

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’ve had the stomach flu the last few days. It was thoroughly unpleasant, and even drinking tea was highly unappealing. So I am quite behind on my tea advent calendar from Bird & Blend. I can’t remember which day this was. It is a very pretty pink tea. I loved the sound of it. However, the hibiscus was a little much for me. It wasn’t a bad tea. Someone who enjoys the zing of hibiscus would very likely love this one.

Sample from VariaTEA!

This is another surprisingly tasty blend :) I’d say they pretty much hit it on the mark for me in terms of coming across as a mulled cider. For me, this delivers on it’s namesake! And it’s a herbal, which is super nice. Was a really nice treat this afternoon with lunch watching the snow get blown around in the courtyard :)

Holiday Tea-son! This was a free sampler Bird & Blend included in my advent calendar order. I honestly expected it to be in the calendar, so I was holding onto it so I could make a pot of tea when it turned up since I’d have two teabags, but it never did so now I’m just having a late night cuppa while I finish off watching Solo (yes, for the first time… I don’t really do movies in the theater because the volume is always just way too loud for my migraine-head, and it took forever to get to me on the hold list when we got the DVD in at work). I’m fine with some late-night hibi-hip cider, though. And it just passed midnight in my timezone, so Merry Christmas to all you Steepsterites that celebrate! (I actually don’t observe, but I send well-wishing to you all anyway!)

So, first good sign, my cup is actually red! Thanks B&B, I would’ve been a little worried if I got two spiced ciders this season lacking their hibi petals and having a weaksauce base. This smells absolutely lovely, in fact! I’m getting spiced cinnamon apples wafting off the cup… mmm! A bit of clove too. And spiced apple cider is pretty much the flavor I’m getting from this, too. Once the flavors settle, there is a hibi fruitiness to the base, but it isn’t nearly as thick or strong as other hibi ciders I’ve had, and actually the strongest flavor note coming through for me in the tea is apple! It reads as more of a tart green apple (mmm, Granny Smith is my favorite kind of apple!), with strong cinnamon and clove spices. The spice is warming but doesn’t leave any unpleasant heat behind in the mouth.

I like this one! It makes me think of a classy, high-end loose leaf version of Stash’s Apple Cinnamon Chamomile tea, which is one of the few bagged teas I still really like.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Green Apple, Hibiscus, Spices, Tangy, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
AJRimmer

I totally agree with you about the movie volume! I’m afraid of hearing damage (and I’m also super cheap) so the only times I go are for the premieres of Star Wars or Star Trek movies.

Mastress Alita

I won’t even go to Star Wars premiers, hense why I was just seeing Solo for the first time last night. I’d rather wait and step on eggshells avoiding spoilers from my nerd friends for half a year than spend the money to be given a migraine when I already get 2-3 a week easily enough on my own.

AJRimmer

I don’t blame you at all! It sucks that you have migraines all the time!

This was a sample from Bird and Blend that I was happy to revisit. Sipped on it as I ate an overpriced square donut from a place in Toronto. I was happy with one of the things I was consuming and disappointed by the other.

lol i saw the square donuts on insta….seems like an interesting gimmick

VariaTEA

They’re expensive af and definitely not worth it. Not to mention they are cooked in peanut oil and this rule out a large demographic

Weird. You need to come to beeechwood. So good. And vegan!