Banana Bread Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Flavouring, Freeze Dried Banana Slices, Ginger, Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces
banana, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Sipdown (330) I saw Banana Bread and had high hopes for this but it didn’t deliver. There is a spice that hits the back of my through which could be warming and nice if it was accompanied by...” Read full tasting note
  • “I bought this a while ago, but no tasting note yet!  This is one of those finely chopped rooibos blends, much like Gingerbread Chai, which I like, because they have a ton of flavor, a good mix of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar Day 22: I liked this one. I cannot say whether is smelled or tasted of banana. The old sniffer is dead and gone. But this one was smooth and mellow and a bit...” Read full tasting note
  • “Let’s not talk about how much tea I bought on Black Friday. Thanks to tea-sipper for sharing this tea! I was very happy to get the chance to try it. The flavor is very lightly spicy with just a...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Lightly toasted banana bread chai with a dollop of butter!

The blissful smell of banana bread cooling straight from the oven – mmm! Spiced to Bird & Blend chai perfection, this hug in a mug is the perfect combo of banana, cinnamon, vanilla + cardamom.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Sipdown (330)

I saw Banana Bread and had high hopes for this but it didn’t deliver. There is a spice that hits the back of my through which could be warming and nice if it was accompanied by anything other than rooibos. Something about this is coming through almost lotion-like.

I bought this a while ago, but no tasting note yet!  This is one of those finely chopped rooibos blends, much like Gingerbread Chai, which I like, because they have a ton of flavor, a good mix of ingredients in each scoop, and you only need to steep one teaspoon to get a pretty strong cup.  Somehow I was actually tasting the banana today and not just the spices.  I like the spices, but I don’t really think of banana bread as spicy.  I would love it to be more BREAD like.  But as is, it’s a spicy banana.  The second steep was mostly spice, banana mostly gone.  I wish more vanilla would peek through as well.  I do love B&B’s finely chopped rooibos blends!  There should be mooorrreeee of them.  I will enjoy this one, but it’s not what I wish it was.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // 14 minutes after boiling // 2 1/2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled  // 5 minute steep
2019 Sipdowns: 88 (52Teas Hot Buttered Banana Bread )

Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar Day 22:

I liked this one. I cannot say whether is smelled or tasted of banana. The old sniffer is dead and gone. But this one was smooth and mellow and a bit sweet. After a coiuple of misses, I was glad to enjoy the whole cup and even re steep. The second cup was as good as the first.

Let’s not talk about how much tea I bought on Black Friday.
Thanks to tea-sipper for sharing this tea! I was very happy to get the chance to try it. The flavor is very lightly spicy with just a hint of banana. It doesn’t taste like any other chai I’ve had before. It didn’t need milk. I can’t point out what spices I tasted, just that it was a tasty and subtle combo.

VariaTEA

I bought no tea yesterday :(

AJRimmer

Some sales are going through the weekend! But do what’s right for you and your cupboard (:

Drank this one last night – I was really pushing how late I should have been staying up because I got stuck in a reality TV binge/loop, but at least I had the foresight to switch to caffeine free teas.

I eyeballed the amount of leaf for this tea, and dumped it in a “do it yourself” style sachet to leave in while drinking – I think I over did it a little bit because this cup definitely had some heat/spice to it! Mostly an unexpected heat from the ginger, but some cinnamon too. However, the reward for my over generous LLT measurement was that I could also clearly taste the sweet, creamy banana notes too! It felt, for the first time, like a banana chai. Did I love it? No, but I didn’t hate it either.

Next on the list is to brew it as a latte, I think.

To me, this didn’t smell like banana bread or even banana! More like chai a la caramel. I find I’ve been increasingly going off rooibos, particularly in times of high stress, because the aroma seems to be triggering headaches (anyone else get this? Or do I have a weird anomaly?) Also caffeine, I need caffeine… Overall, I wasn’t certain about this blend. I didn’t seem to hate it or love it.

for more on tea: www.tastethetea.co.uk