Fireside Snuggles

Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Lapsang Souchong, Natural Flavours
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Coconut, Meat, Smoked
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 4 g 9 oz / 268 ml

• “Day 2 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516. The name of this tea is so perfect! It’s cold here so when I opened today’s advent tea I was super excited to see a tea called Fireside Snuggles....” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s cold. It’s blizzarding. I’m tired. I have been back to work since Monday but this pneumonia is kicking my butt. I was extremely tired on Monday but yesterday I did pretty well. Today not so...” Read full tasting note
  • “Brew is cloudy, brown-yellow. Dry leaf aroma was promising. Mostly cocoa nibs and coconut, with little smokiness (of Lapsang souchong) but brewed tea aroma was way more smoky with no sweet notes....” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

One for fans of our limited edition Snowball blend (which we hear is coming back this Christmas – shhhh!), this pine-smoked blend combines full leaf lapsang souchong with cocoa nibs, coconut & cinnamon to create a slightly sweet, perfectly smoked fireside brew.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Day 2 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516.

The name of this tea is so perfect! It’s cold here so when I opened today’s advent tea I was super excited to see a tea called Fireside Snuggles. It just makes me really happy.

With fire in the name, I thought this might be a smoky tea but it’s not really. I do get just a hint of that smoky flavor but not enough I think to call it a smoky tea. And maybe it’s not really meant to be. I do know that I should have used 2 teaspoons instead of using only one because it’s really light in flavor. I’ll hold my rating on this one until I can try it as a stronger cup. (I also let it steep for too long. Got distracted at work again.)

Honestly, I’m enjoy it more and more as it cools. Maybe this would be a good one iced!

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It’s cold. It’s blizzarding. I’m tired. I have been back to work since Monday but this pneumonia is kicking my butt. I was extremely tired on Monday but yesterday I did pretty well. Today not so much. I thought this tea would be warming and comforting. I used almost twice the leaf as last tine but it still was a bit weak. And a tad bitter at the end of the sip. Such a shame because it sounds lovely. I might go back to an old tried and true tea this afternoon. If I can stay awake. 4 more hours left of work. Not sure I’ll make it.

Martin Bednář

Happy to hear you are feeling better. But you should stay at home instead of work. But I understand it’s not so easy there.

gmathis

Bless your heart, hugs, and sympathy all around.

Brew is cloudy, brown-yellow.

Dry leaf aroma was promising. Mostly cocoa nibs and coconut, with little smokiness (of Lapsang souchong) but brewed tea aroma was way more smoky with no sweet notes. It is so smoky iut reminds me rather meat than tea.

But when sipped, sweet notes are back. Notes of cocoa, chocolate and coconut. It works quite well together. Little cinnamon sweetness is there too. It reminds me Snowball (see: https://steepster.com/Martin-CZE/posts/393466) with smoky aroma. And no marshmellows.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Coconut, Meat, Smoked